WildeChilde

What Would You Tell Your Pre-Journey Self?

25 posts in this topic

If you could go back in time and say a few things to yourself before you started on the self-development/self-realization journey, what would you say? This can include advice, warnings, sentiments, or anything else. 

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

That there is no ultimate answer to what I'm trying to search for with my mind. I'd tell myself to be more self-honest and learn to be with the emotions that come with that.

Enlightenment is not something that happens quickly.  There are no quick fixes in personal development.  Changes happen slowly but steadily in this work.  If you don’t take ignorance seriously, you will stall in this work.  Moksha just is the removal of ignorant assumptions about reality.  Nirvana is the cessation of clinging to impermanent things, such as pleasures and pains or thoughts.  Moksha is not necessarily happiness or fulfillment, it’s peace.    Moksha is complete cessation of attaching to Maya in the moment.  That doesn’t mean you repress or suppress beliefs — you just don’t consider them very important!  You don’t cling to them (beliefs) much.  You are passionate about just resting as awareness, just Being what exists in the Now, the present moment.  You are that which is non-changing, or the Soul, and this Soul is Reality.  So, attaching to impermanent states is like a walker being distracted and mesmerized by every plant on the side of the road.  We err in thinking that beliefs are SO important.  They’re like fake currency really.  They look valuable on the surface, but they lack true value.  Reality doesn’t need anything.  It already has what it needs.  Your attempts to try and control reality are mistaken and only cause you suffering.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@WildeChilde (Relative to the journey) I’d tell him eat clean, meditate and exercise every morning. When you’re feeling pretty good most of the time, start with 1g shroom tea and work up monthly until you experience the absolute. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

251.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Nahm said:

@Shin wow.  ?

2 year in, still a lot of fuck to come.

I don't know if it can take it anymore.

At some point I would like to walk without a cane ... :( 

God is love

And God in them

Maintain relationships, no matter how solitary and peaceful you become. 

Take meditation slow, or the resistance and emotional purging can be really difficult for keeping your life together. 

Read at least 30-hour everyday of Leo’s booklist. Focus a lot on success books, rather than spirituality if you’re young. 

Do lifepurpose course at least one hour a week. If not, you’ll regret it. 

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Shin ?

Just mean there is a lot of fears and shit to face in the upcoming years :) 

@Nahm lol not so much, did you see how much I critize these past few days ? :) 

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Shin I feel like you got a damn that needs to break bro. You’re intelligence and consciousness are off the charts. So if you’re saying you still have some fears in there, I’m sensing a rather intense contention. If you wanna just blow it out so to speak and get it over with, ya know where to find me. ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Be at peace, kid, healing happens.

Edited by SOUL

@WildeChilde

I'd obviously like to brain dump everything I know now into his head. But that would defeat the purpose of the journey.

So instead I'd just say, "everything you're worried about isn't true".

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Be aware of mental masterbation and take more action rather than just accumulating knowledge

You will slowly align to your true self, have faith in your decisions.

ALWAYS take the most emotionally hardest and difficult path. 

I'm happy the way things turned out, so I think I'd just smile at the old me, give me a comforting hug, tell me that everything will be OK and leave it at that.   :P

Do not pursue self-inquiry or enlightenment until you are on track with your life purpose that will actually bring you in money. Until you can do that, Enlightenment work is too destabilizing to take the risk when you are too-underdeveloped with your emotional and monetary foundation. 

I find this topic very useful :) thanks@WildeChilde . Btw from my last meditation insight i really resonate with your wisdom Joseph

On 2/13/2018 at 8:23 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

<...> That doesn’t mean you repress or suppress beliefs — you just don’t consider them very important!  You don’t cling to them (beliefs) much.  You are passionate about just resting as awareness, just Being what exists in the Now, the present moment.  You are that which is non-changing, or the Soul, and this Soul is Reality.  So, attaching to impermanent states is like a walker being distracted and mesmerized by every plant on the side of the road.  We err in thinking that beliefs are SO important.  They’re like fake currency really.  They look valuable on the surface, but they lack true value.  Reality doesn’t need anything.  It already has what it needs.  Your attempts to try and control reality are mistaken and only cause you suffering.

Nice advice!

Read Arnold’s biography - get a sense of how much work needs to be put in. 

However, don’t deny yourself fun or excitement. It’s cruicial and the crux of life. Enjoy it. 

@Vytas That's great to hear Vytas.  I figured this might be a good way for everyone to reflect on their path and see what kind of wisdom they could share with others.  

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde