Parki

Tell Me Your Story Of The Real Growh.

16 posts in this topic

After watching Leo's video "Fake Growth vs Real Growth",
I got that I have no experience of real growth.
Or that litte much that I can't even remember that.

Does anyone here has a experience of real growth?
Tell the how this was happening to you.
I need some examples cuz I'm no idea how is it.

As a child I developed an eating disorder, because I was unhappy with how I looked. For many years I tried to change how I looked, but that didn't make me feel any better.

Only after I got professional help, I realized that I must accept myself as I am. Nothing has changed externally, but my eating disorder was cured and I currently feel ok with my appearance. I don't love my body, but I don't hate it or want to self-injure anymore.

You experience real growth when you solve the problem and stop masking it. Leo explained it well in the video.

So I noticed real growth in the area "panic attacks, social anxiety". I'm still working on that and I'm constantly facing my fears, but work pays off by now.

I already have a post about it here:

16 hours ago, Parki said:

After watching Leo's video "Fake Growth vs Real Growth",
I got that I have no experience of real growth.
Or that litte much that I can't even remember that.

Does anyone here has a experience of real growth?
Tell the how this was happening to you.
I need some examples cuz I'm no idea how is it.

Hi @Parki.  Thank you for your question.  It seems like several people really enjoyed this video. 9_9

I am curious...is it really true you have experienced no new growth?  Is this a fact or a fear?  I don't know, I'm just asking.

Is there an area of your life you would like to experience growth in which you are finding very challenging? 

Perhaps if you can identify an area you would like to grow you can then create four or five small steps you could take to attain growth in that same area? 

What do you think? :)

@Pallero Good for you!  It sounds like you have made quite a bit of progress in the area of body dysmorphia issues.   That is real growth.  Congratulations.   How does that success make you feel? :)

14 hours ago, Anna said:

So I noticed real growth in the area "panic attacks, social anxiety". I'm still working on that and I'm constantly facing my fears, but work pays off by now.

@Anna,  The hard work does pay off.  I will check out your post, thank you for sharing it in the thread. :)  Congratulations with the panic attacks and social anxiety those are both very challenging to deal with, at least for me. 

@Kelley White Thanks! :) To tell you the truth, I haven't paid much attention to the issue after it was solved, because I have moved on to solve other issues. But it does make me feel relieved, when I think about it. I used to exhaust myself thinking about food, exercise and appearance all day long. I didn't have energy to do much else. Now I do.

On 3/2/2016 at 0:27 AM, Pallero said:

I used to exhaust myself thinking about food, exercise and appearance all day long. I didn't have energy to do much else. Now I do.

@Pallero  Isn't it great to not be hostage to it anymore?  Good for you. :)

Used to be addicted to drugs, smoked weed everyday and took speed, mdma and other stuff on the weekends. Developed psychosis, and got off drugs. No longer interested in using them. Still recovering from psychosis though, its been a year and i still get paranoid delusions and hallucinations daily.

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

@Parki yes I have experienced what Leo meant in his video, I am very interoverted, after watching video I try be myself but the same time not thinking about my problem, it works but with baby step and specially internally. And other I am working on my anger and negative emotion to keep under control but in a way to real growth, these are on focus now.

On 3/4/2016 at 8:01 AM, Bittu said:

Used to be addicted to drugs, smoked weed everyday and took speed, mdma and other stuff on the weekends. Developed psychosis, and got off drugs. No longer interested in using them. Still recovering from psychosis though, its been a year and i still get paranoid delusions and hallucinations daily.

@Bittu, How does that feel to have made and kept that commitment for yourself? :)  Congratulations!  I regret you are still experiencing symptomology but hopefully that will continue to dissipate over time.   I wish you the best of luck as you continue to recover.

4 minutes ago, Hengame said:

arki yes I have experienced what Leo meant in his video, I am very introverted, after watching video I try be myself but the same time not thinking about my problem, it works but with baby step and especially internally. And other I am working on my anger and negative emotion to keep under control but in a way to real growth, these are on focus now.

@Hengame  Baby steps.  I love that!  "...especially internally"  that is a gem there.   I'm so glad you mentioned anger.  I wonder if anger really is a negative emotion or a response to perceived injustice and its the action we choose to use to vent or release the anger which is more precisely the issue?

Anger is a natural response to grief and the grieving process.   That is very courageous and strong of  you to examine anger.  Thank you for sharing so transparently.

1 hour ago, Kelley White said:

@Bittu, How does that feel to have made and kept that commitment for yourself? :)  Congratulations!  I regret you are still experiencing symptomology but hopefully that will continue to dissipate over time.   I wish you the best of luck as you continue to recover.

Feels great, sometimes i get in full victim mode about my psychosis, and other times i feel like its a gift that made me quit before things got out of hand. Thank you. :)

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

4 minutes ago, Bittu said:

Feels great, sometimes i get in full victim mode about my psychosis, and other times i feel like its a gift that made me quit before things got out of hand. Thank you. :)

I can resonate with that feeling. ;):P  LOL  You are very welcome.  Good for you. :):D

In hindsight, the psychosis was just a lie my narcissistic mom told me when I was listening to Devil's music on my PC.

My mom claims to be a feminist.

https://piamarttala.fi/

This is her website. She did 0% of the design herself, this is simply a bought website.

Nothing like reviving a thread from six years ago, just to complain about your mother.

Real growth.  This guy. ^ 9_9

Edited by Loba