rothko

Who awoke you to awakening? you know, consciousness.

13 posts in this topic

So just a fun forum thread, with an educational spin on it. 

Who, or How, were you originally awoken to awakeness?  You know what i mean, Basically what was that defining moment like, where you were like, Ok, i think this is something I value pursuing.  You know consciousnesses work.

&

Now that you have become aware of awakening, what has been the single, Most Valuable, source/Method, you feel towards your progress in Consciousness is. 

Looking Back, I'm going to say mine was probably:

Who/How it happened for me:  Listening to the Audiobook , By Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth, third time :P Not gonna lie, I love dat Eckhy-T

Most Valuable Source so far: Becoming a mindful yoga practitioner, mostly thanks to the book, "asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha", so I guess you could say, that's Mindful yoga/Meditation.

But I mean, Leos channel/content is probably the truth, but lets try to not just have everyone's response, be his content.

Lets hear what you guys got.

It was the ineffable inexplicable "___" ... fell out of the blue one day and crushed all one's precious self-identities for a timeless while. They managed to wile their way back to life, but the psyche was left with an indelible impression of empifullness. Since then it's been mostly left up to nature to nurture that seed.

Martin Heidegger's "Being and Time". While reading it and trying to make sense of it, I was unknowingly doing the Neti-Neti method for months. When it hits me, I was out for two weeks.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Who, or How, were you originally awoken to awakeness? 

My first exposure to the idea of awakeness was reading my first spiritual book - Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda.  A spiritual friend (who was the DM in a role playing game I participated in) left out the book one day and then loaned it to me.

Most Valuable Source so far:

That was giving up the search and seeking.  Thirteen years after reading "Autobiography of a Yogi"...I had no idea what awakening really meant.  I had heard about realization, awakening, samadhi, enlightenment, satori, etc., but I was more confused than even about what it was.  Also, every new book, audio, or video that I consumed seemed to be a repetition of things I already read before.  I was convinced there was nothing else to be gained in a book, audio, or video.  And so I stopped.  No more books, audios, or videos.  No more spiritual practices.  I simply gave it all up.  That was the most valuable thing.  It was about a year or so later that I kept bumping into the name, Eckhart Tolle.  I had long learned to trust and follow intuition and synchronicity...so I decided to get a video by him at the library (I didn't want to take the time to read a book).  I watched the "Flower of Human Consciousness".  In it he taught how to become truly present by inhabiting the body.  I became truly present for the first time in my life.  In that silence of mind, I woke up.  This would be the second - learning to be present.  I have taught people how to be present, but as they have not given up the search...they are easily distracted - "what is the next thing".  That is why the first is giving up the search and the send is being present.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

What started my search: It was my first mushroom trip at a cabin under the clear sky displaying the milky way ?

What ended it and gave it a strong blow: kundalini

what’s interesting after awakening is the vividness of dreams. Since waking up from waking dream, sleep dreams almost feel like they’ve become equal to or slight less in the  level of switching between “realities.”

Been getting lots of dreams with a particular storyline that has been suppressed in my subconscious prior to awakening. For example, as I was a sincere spiritual seeker I’ve lost a lot of old close friends because of the sense of “I’m doing something more important and better.” So now dreams are of having fun with my old friends laughing and playing with a sense of no division whatsoever. The preferences still stay but all criticisms and judgments melt away.

Last night I had a dream of being on an airplane flying over these green beautiful mountains when suddenly it starts to jolt and descend. It felt so real and there was fear, although somehow I felt detached and knew it would be alright. The plane was descending with such acceleration that you couldn’t really get into position or hug your loved ones. It was almost too quiet. The intercoms went on and the captain says “I love you all, it will be ok.” I felt the butterflies and all the emotions during the descent. Upon impact, I awoke. I saw this as a full surrendering of my own death. Becoming one with the Source with no fear and just good strong Faith. Haha kinda random but I had to share. :)

Edited by JustinS

Stumbled upon Leo's video "understanding awareness" one night and that's what started it all for me. Had always somewhat been a seeker my whole life without really knowing and the videos were just answering a shit ton of questions that I had. 

Loe, our lord and savior.

Started to meditate 2/3 hours a day, then no-self for weeks annnnnnnnnd pussied out until now :ph34r:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

"Without thought, memory, emotion, association, perception or sensation what does consciousness even mean?"
-Stephen Wolinsky

No one woke no one to nothing
-me!

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟