Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herghly

Has so changed his views on affirmations and visualisations

5 posts in this topic

What's Leo's current stance on affirmations ? 

From one one of his blog posts I can't tell if it's still something he believes in

any value in it ?

What's up with the title? :D

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@herghly

No one here can speak for Leo. But I'm definitely a believer in affirmations.

The hardest part of making affirmations work for you is actually doing them. People don't get results with them because they say them a few times and stop.

Affirmations should be repeated so often they become your mantras. You should find yourself saying them in regular conversation with people. Or saying things like "one of my mantras is ...".

It's that sheer volume that really makes an impact on how you see the world.

The other struggle I've seen with affirmations is that a good affirmation should make you uncomfortable. It should push your current self-image.

For instance, let's say you use the affirmation "I love myself completely and totally". If you have some with a poor self-image say that, it's actually going to make them feel uncomfortable because they don't believe it. There's too much cognitive dissonance.

So you have to get over that initial hump of feeling like you're telling yourself this massive lie. You will change your mind as long as you don't quit on it.

@aurum how long  do you think is long enough to say you've given affirmations a chance ? 1 month everyday ? 3 months everyday ?

@herghly

It really depends on all the factors I outlined above. And you can start seeing changes very quickly.

But personally, any affirmation I start I want to do at least 6 months. A year is probably even better.