LiakosN

The thing is... I stutter

14 posts in this topic

I stutter. I feel i am an idiot. I feel that other people make fun of me when I stutter. I feel frustrated.  I feel something is wrong with me. I feel I am problematic. I am afraid of doing things: e.g make a phone call to a stranger or approach a stranger. I get sweaty easily, my heart beats fast, I get anxious. My chest and belly are tensed. My self-esteem is low because of stuttering. I speak nervously, loudly. I feel inferior from other people. I feel that no one listens my words. I am jealous of people that can speak fluently. I try not to stutter. I try to find other words in order not to stutter. I am not spontaneous when I speak. I feel like I am loosing some opportunities.I don't accept myself. I can not feel at easy because I am constantly thinking of stuttering. I think that women won't like me. I think that men will make fun of me. I am afraid of asking questions or to speak in the class. I don't speak a lot. I stay quiet. I get all tensed up! I can not love myself for being 'different'. I suffer.

Thank you for reading my post. I feel like I need to share my thoughts and emotions. I can't find the cause of stuttering. I need help

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

@Mighty Mouse This doesn't help me that much. Thank you for reading the post though my friend :)

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

@Mighty Mouse I just want the stuttering to fade away. That's all.

20 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

No, you want to be loved.

Is it okay to cry after reading this? them feelz...

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Maybe find the core of the problem and then bite the bullet i have found if there is something i wanted to do and was difficult that was the solution that often came (if you don't know the cause it may help to think about when it started) it may be difficult but it seems to solve the problem for good

Edited by BjarkeT

A HA MY FRIEND!

I have but a cure for your ailment.

From looking at this post, you probably have never heard of Demontheses!

His occupation was a greek statesman(politician) and orator(public speaker)

As a boy Demosthenes had a speech impediment, just like you.Demosthenes used to study in an underground room he constructed himself. He also used to talk with pebbles in his mouth and recited verses while running.To strengthen his voice, he spoke on the seashore over the roar of the waves.

You can do all 4 of these things. (Perhaps not the first one.)

Follow in his footsteps!

Find somewhere, anywhere, where you can shout as loud as you can without anyone bothering you.

Expand your lung capacity do cardio and chant a miltary cadance while doing it. Also, do some calisthenics (pushups etc). Wouldnt want you a skinny wretch now would we? If your fat, starting cutting. If your skinny start clean bulking. Your self esteem is going to affect how you project yourself to others.

Recite poems with a mouth full of moist cheerios, cornflakes or other cereal. We would not want you swallowing a pebble and dying now would we? Aha. Also, get that sexy jawline going for the ladies. Your jaws have muscles. USE THEM! Really exert yourself when chewing your food and before you know it, you'll have a jaw of an Ork. Just kidding. Your jaw should improve though.

Standing straight Liakos! Not held straight!

I see much potential in you. Your just teeming with energy that's all locked away.

It is time. Starting today. You draw out your TRUE strength.

May you find peace on your Journey. 

Edited by Lorcan

@LiakosN Tony Robbins healed a guy of his stuttering once. It’s all in your head. Read “Breaking the habit of being yourself” by dr Joe Dispenza 

@Mighty Mouse When I feel anxious I stutter. Otherwise I speak fluently ??

@Lorcan I know Demosthenes and his 'problem'.. My origin is Greek ?

You need to read the book: “Psycho Cybernetics” by Maxwell Maltz asap.

Sounds like you need two things; Self Love, and exposure therapy. 

I stutter too. Stutterig is real and needs to be treated. Everyday, every second, try to remember to speak "normally", "correctly" just as you imagine these words would mean, with patience.

What is not real, is the anxiety. The anxiety there has nothing to do with suttering itself, it is an illusion, just thoughts attached to "stuttering". The anxiety is telling you the stutter is the cause, but actually it is just a combination between thoughts and the feeling itself. Thoughts are never real, they can refer to something from reality, but they are not real, are just an exaggeration.

You need to correct your way of communicating, and it is possible. You need to read everyday with patience and if you stutter try to correct that again and again. You also need everytime you speak to remember to not rush and have patience with yourself, you need to center yourself, to focus, and communicate correctly. You need to get rid of this habit of communicating incorrectly. 

You also need to relax your mouth, because it is most probably stiff. 

If it is a habit that you have for many years, it will take some time until you can make a habit of speaking correctly, but you need to focus on your way of speaking everyday, every moment.