Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yellow

Physical details of meditation (no BS)

1 post in this topic

Hi Leo,

It would be really helpful if you could do a video on the actual physical stuff that is "OK" to do when meditating. Every book, teacher and guru always slides away from this question. "Just sit still and do nothing" or "do what you wan't" doesn't really help.

Here are some spesific examples, but I'm sure there is more:

What if after a while you notice that you have fallen into a slump position and you need to straighten up your back again. Should you do that, or should you just keep sitting in the slump position?

What if you have a cold and your nose is dripping? Should you just let that happen?

What if you need to sneeze? Do you hold it in or let it happen?

What if you need to yawn? Is that OK or should you stop that from happening?

What if you get too much spit build up, could you swallow that?

What if your head starts to drop down? Do you have to keep it that way for the rest of the session or can you lift it up so you are facing straight forward again?

I know this probably seems like noob questions, but I'm sure there are others that wan't to know this spesifics as well. And if no one can actually answer this questions in a serious way that mean that they arent just noob questions after all. I have been doing this every day for a few years now, but still haven't found anyone that are willing to talk about the small spesific physical details of meditation. I just keep doing this habbit and it feels like it has no benefit even tho I have done it for years every single day. Not sure if I'm doing it right.