iTommy

When realties/paradigm-rules overlap - "Real" feeling dream (?)

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

I wanted to share a somewhat crazy real-feeling „dream” (?) that happened to me a month or two ago. Now I don’t really remember the exact times, those are just pointers. This "report" was inspired by Leo's new video.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before I go to bed (in my case sofa) I make sure to take antidepressants, those usually make me feel somewhat tired – without them I could just stay up all night long, and I meditate to further calm the mind. I did those things that day too.

So, it all started by me trying to get some sleep at probably around 00:15. The mind seemed to be quiet to a certain degree, but I felt only a bit sleepy but not really as much as I usually do. I waited to feel more tired, but it just wouldn’t really hit me. I thought that I would just try to get some sleep anyway and laid down on the sofa. Time went by, nothing changed. I then turned on some music that usually does a good job helping me relax/sleep and I gave it another try. Time went by again, nothing really changed. I then thought that a guided sleeping meditation might do some good, so I tried that. Again… nothing really changed. I turned on a different sleeping meditation, you guessed it. Then I tried another one but… nope.

It was probably around 06:00 by then, and I still had not gained a few minutes of sleep. I was frustrated at that point. I just switched back to regular relaxing music, and I started focusing on my breath, bodily sensations etc., with half open eyes, while lying there on the couch.

This is where it gets crazy.

A few minutes flew by, and suddenly I heard two voices. A male and a female voice. Both sounded like adults, maybe around 30-45-ish. They were first talking amongst themselves, but then the male voice talked to me saying things like, “Relax. Everything is fine, get some sleep.”

Music was still playing in the background and my eyes were still half open, so confusion and curiosity kicked in. In my mind I went, “Wha… this is crazy, I can hear you guys. Can you actually hear me if I just use thought?” – on this the answer was, “Yes we can hear you." So I asked them questions like… “How is it where you are?” – the answer was, “When it’s night for you, it’s day for us.” The female voice by then also kept talking to me. I asked, “If you think of a place like… California, can you somehow teleport/travel to this destination?” – “Yeah, we can.”

This went back and forth for a while. I started to get more relaxed, and those voices told me again things like… “It’s fine. There’s nothing to worry about, get some sleep.”

Now, this is where it gets more “crazy”. While they were talking to me, and I to them, it felt as if I got a shoulder massage (a good one too). I just laid there with my eyes opening half-way now and then, and it literally was/felt as if someone was behind me, giving me a massage.

Maybe 15 minutes in, I fell asleep.

When I woke up I was just in awe. I mean… holy sh*t, everything felt so damn real. That’s really a point where one begins to question what is “real” in the first place.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is something I won’t forget in a long time. It's crazy how your paradigm of reality can just "melt"/overlap with things that you didn't really think were possible.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

@iTommy could be some paranormal experience. Or maybe some sort of lucid dreaming experience.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie