Viking

how does one eradicate COMPLETELY laziness from his life?

18 posts in this topic

I think the NUMBER ONE thing thats preventing my growth is laziness. its extremely manipulating my whole life. sometimes im aware of it, sometimes im not. It's when I dont go that extra step in understanding something for example. it's saving energy for whatever the fuck reason. how do I eradicate it? how do I not have the feeling of laziness? or it cant be helped but had to be dealt with? i think its a habit, so to undo this habit I guess I have to be aware of it and act the opposite forcefully?

Regular exercise will give you more energy, so you won’t be lazy anymore!

Simple, get off your ass and go for a bike/run

@Viking

This is something I must start doing as well!

For the 1st time in your life, completely allow yourself to be lazy!! WITHOUT ANY RESERVATION

Take 1-2 weeks off. Just take your regular 3-4 meals a day and see if you can spend the whole day doing absolutely nothing. Just sitting and lying down. Let go of all worries, all plans of future, the effort of figure out stuff. Don't even try to meditate :P

JUST FIND OUT HOW MUCH LAZY YOU CAN ACTUALLY BE. FIND OUT WHATS AT THE HEART OF WHAT YOU CALL 'LAZINESS' :)

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

get yourself into a difficult situation. stop depending on your parents.

unborn Truth

@Viking

1 hour ago, RawJudah said:

I second that.   Get earbuds, put the music on, think about how great you’re going to feel!!! There are other ways, but if you can exercise is direct and efficient.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

2 hours ago, RawJudah said:

im exercising regularly. and I dont think you get what kind of lazy im talking about. it's not like i dont want to do the things I have to, but i have a mental habit of taking the easier route that requires less energy and to do the hard route theres resistance.

@Viking The resistence is not in the harder route, it is in your thinking.  Make a new habit of thinking of what you want, and that you can do it. The only other thing you need to do is be patient while that momentum builds. Don’t doubt it, it works. Doubt, is the resistence it’s self, no doubt. 

Find your life purpose, become enlightened, and get out of your own way.  That's the key to success.  I'm not kidding!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Viking Don’t try. That’s more of the same. Do it. Even five minutes a day. That seemingly small difference between trying, and doing the tiniest little bit, that tiny change - you’ll spout everything you want outta that change. 

Have same problem. Having good parents can make this even worse. 

#1 = STRUCTURE. Stick to routines and set timers for shit. Only thing that saved me. Wake up same time every morning and set agenda night before. 

#2 = Cold Shower every morning, first thing when wake up. It will be hard every morning, but the euphoria afterwards will give you that reward system and make you start to like discipline more. Also, makes you a beast for the next two hours. Positive momentum and energy. 

Stop judging and trying to control reality.  When laziness is in your shadow you will naturally be attracted to it.  If you allow laziness to be part of what is, the shadow will lose its force and power over your unconscious mind.  Basically, hating laziness is what causes you to be lazy.  Because you have formed an Ego identification against laziness, you’re gonna be unconsciously attracted to laziness because it’s a part of reality that you do not love and accept.  Reality doesn’t like to be partitioned.  So the shadow traits are always gonna be inclined to want to be loved and accepted by you, and therefore the shadow will constantly try to get laziness re-integrated in reality for you.  So, in a nutshell, if you wanna stop being lazy, stop judging it as bad and accept and love your own laziness.  It’s paradoxical, but there it is.  Knowledge of the shadow is a very powerful tool in this work.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Stop fapping, wake up at the same hour everyday, go to bed at the same time, eat healthy,  do all your habits before going to work (first one is some kind of physical exercice), find your passion/purpose.

You shouldn't have lazyness problem at that point.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The funny thing about laziness is that there is no cure for it except... doing the work! How do get my ass off the couch? By standing the f*** up!:D The ego loves to stall your time by creating a big problem out of laziness when its really not.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I have the same problem ... and successfully overcome it .... :)

now i am working hard automatically ... with the help of simple 30 days regular affirmations ...

without missing a single day before sleep ... 

I have unlimited energy i love completing my works in time 

i hope it well help you     thank u

On 11/02/2018 at 7:58 PM, Viking said:

I think the NUMBER ONE thing thats preventing my growth is laziness. its extremely manipulating my whole life. sometimes im aware of it, sometimes im not. It's when I dont go that extra step in understanding something for example. it's saving energy for whatever the fuck reason. how do I eradicate it? how do I not have the feeling of laziness? or it cant be helped but had to be dealt with? i think its a habit, so to undo this habit I guess I have to be aware of it and act the opposite forcefully?

be lazy fully..and then you will be inspired to take action...not in reaction

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Depends on what your definition of laziness is.. I live an incredibly simple life of mindfulness, I don't do much. I meditate, read, spend time with my family and occasionally go out to dinner with friends. Is that laziness? If so I am completely content with being lazy.