Charlotte

Nervousness/Anxiety when meeting strangers

44 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Faceless said:

Could be the ever so common...:)

Thought has constructed a self image to bring about a sense of psychological security. Only thought is afraid of that image being destroyed by others “not meeting that self imposed image in a way that validates that image.” 

The self constantly wants to feel secure. So it creates a certain image to capture and maintain psychological order. Only when an image is created to do so there is an instant defensive mechanism as a result...So every encounter in relationship becomes defensive. “A movement of fear which then seeks to escape that very happening” 

Because you are always trying to protect yourself you come to a position as not even wanting to get involved with social interactions at all. Anxiety/stress and so on. 

If we create an image to validate ourselves we also create the chance of that image being destroyed. So to create and image to secure oneself invites the chance of insecurity arising as well. For example, to invite pleasure “security” is to invite pain/suffering “insecurity”.....These two are really one and the same. 

Key is to not create any image to psychologically secure oneself. If no image is created no image can be destroyed.:ph34r:

Therfore no fear/stress/anxiety in social situations. 

True ish

@Faceless fucking nail on the head there faceless! I did realise this the following days after that I'm trying to project and imagine I've made in my mind and when the image was disrupted through more images in my mind insecurities and anxiety would set in. 

Thank goodness I've made myself aware of this.

5 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Thank goodness I've made myself aware of this.

Good for you. Much better way to live :)

Awaken and learn Tantra. All the anxieties around people will simply disappear.