Shin

Laptop for college !

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys I'm selling my gaming computer, and I would like to buy a cheap laptop for college.

The laptop needs to have a very high autonomy (10+ hours) with fast recharge, and I just want to use Microsoft Office (onenote in particular) and watch youtube video in 720p on it.

I'm quite a newb so that's why I'm asking, but I will still try to search for myself too of course :) 

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I'm no expert in computers, but the highest rate laptop on many lists I've seen over the last couple of years is the Dell XPS 13. It might be overkill for what you want though.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@Shin I would just get a Chromebook and use Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. Chrome OS also has Web Apps for Microsoft Office if you really want to use em. Of course they're not as extensive.

They're cheap but usually have good hardware and are perfect for streaming vids. I've made it through two years of college with a Acer Chromebook 14 and the only thing that gave me trouble was that it can't run Silverlight, but of course, there's an app for that too. 

Yeah no I really want to use onenote, it's just gonna make studying way easier.

Thanks anyway :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

No offence but how is this relevant to personal development? 

@Shin go for asus - they are usually high quality.

Acer is pure garbage as far as I know and breaks really fast.

@Shin I would highly recommend the 2017 Macbook Air for what you need. My roommate has it and I have the 2013 15” Macbook Pro, which is more powerful, but a bit heftier.

What I love about his laptop is that it's insanely thin and light. It really does make a difference.

As for the Mac OS,  you'll get used to it in less than a few days.

I also recommend this laptop for the touchpad gestures. They are much more intuitive than on a windows laptop, because you can just swipe with three or four fingers to get to another app (and there are multiple other useful gestures). You won't ever want to use a mouse again on a laptop after this.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

I have a Macbook air 2017 too. I love it a lot, it functions awesome for what it's made for.

It's expensive but I find it quite worth it. The laptop has very good building material which will last you for a very long time, and if you don't like the apple OS you can install windows quite easily on it.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus