Omario

IM NO LONGER A VICTIM!

19 posts in this topic

I have watched Leo videos on "how to stop being a victim"

And i just gotta say. I finally understand why it is that im the way i am, and why the results in my life are the way they are.

Thanks to you Leo.

Thanks for everything.

Now if you excuse me i have some fucking action to take.

@Omario good, well done!!! you see, the acknowledgment of being victimized is merely the first step of breaking out from the dream state, it is the potion to take in order to remove maya's spell over you. when you experience suffering, the ego is victimizing you by prompting you with thoughts and emotions of being a victim, just to keep you in a low-consciousness state. when you realize that being a victim adds to your suffering and when you feel highly discontent, you stop being identified with your ego, dis-identifying with your thoughts and emotions, and you start breaking out of your cell, removing the chains which kept you locked there. after that, you realize that there was no cell, no chains in the first place, it was all but the ego trying desperately to run your life and keeps you under his mastery. from this moment forward, the door to enlightenment is opened for you, the gateless gate is seen from a distance.

Edited by Patang

@Omario  What a moment in your life this is!

I remember mine, talk about waking up! 

Congratulations ??

Hate to break the chain of positive comments, but make sure you do not delude yourself. You may get motivated by a video, get a piece of knowledge, and start to take action, but the question is: will it stick? (I may have just triggered you unconsciously) 

I remember thinking the same thing before I was proven wrong by a shocking event MONTHS later. It was horrible, but still a huge wakeup call. 

This needs to be hardwired. Even though I have been conscious of the fact that I am not a victim for at least 10 months now, my mind still does shit that contradicts this. Even language supports you for having low consciousness assumptions. Come back months later and if you say the same thing, I would be amazed. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkys So... your consciously not a victim but subconsciously you are?

I've been like that for a year. but havent taken any action or done anything different.

In the end action speaks louder than words.

@Omario I have the realization deep within me and it is my automatic "reaction" to most events, but I fail to realize it being in more intense situations and sometimes fail to go meta (judging other for being a victim while being unaware that I am being a victim when I say this).

Awareness alone is curative. Self-reflect and allow.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkys This message goes to me just as much it goes to you by the way: 

It isn't complicated so don't make it out to be.

You control your life,

your personality/charisma

your career/passion/income 

your relationships

your attraction to the opposite sex.

The reason you remain a victim after knowing and understanding that you are is simply because you haven't taken any action.

No, awareness alone isn't curative, its what comes after the awareness that matters most. action. get out of your comfort-zone. take massive fucking action but while being awarexD 

@Spacious

Bro, you really need to cut the mental masturbation, watching more victim videos isnt gonna help.

In your shoes, i would do what ever it takes to do what is i wanted.

You are in control.

Not because your special but because its your human birthright. 

Maybe Leo's best non-Enlightenment Video:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

A really good book I read recently is called The Daily Stoic. The stoic philopsphers were big on personal responsibility and self-mastery. It is one of the best personal development books I have read.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@Spacious nono, that was a response to an earlier question you asked.

Being in control of your life is to have your life be in your hands. No body else's.

Whether you were raped or robbed.

Your have to take responsibility and take the matters into your own hands.

I've been meditating for roughly 2 years only one weekend missed.

Edited by Omario

2 hours ago, Spacious said:

However, the fact that being a victim is being recognised by all of us is a massive step for us as individuals and for the benefit of wider society as a significant minority of any society identifies with being a victim. This is like a virus on a civilisation and can tear it apart.

@Spacious That's a good one !!! A journey of a futuristic humanity, cannot be more precisely described as quoted above.

A gratitude practice is also good against victim mindset

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Spacious I can almost 100% relate to your (re)conditioning. Currently it happens many times a day when I can catch myself thinking irrational thoughts, displaying me as powerless, creating enemies out of nowhere, being incapable etc. What a relief.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@Spacious Very interesting, thanks!

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles