MarinM

Alchohol for insights?

9 posts in this topic

Im really rare alchohol drinker (once in two months aprox) but every time i get drunk i get real insights about reality and truth. Is it even possible? I know nobody talks about it so im not so sure if its real or not? Any similar experiences?

Alcohol was really best for me in the exploratory-phase of my life in general.  Now, alcohol is mostly a negative thing because what's I'm trying to do now is maintain Mindfulness.  Alcohol is a great tool if used appropriately.  The problem with it is it's addictive as Fu*k.  I'd be lying if I were to say alcohol is bad.  I've had some great times and done some great work using alcohol as a tool.  I've lauded alcohol before as a consciousness tool, and it is mostly in the exploratory-phase of this work.  In the advanced stages, not so much.  Alcohol opens you up, removes fear, and makes you feel great in your body.  And alcohol can also pair nicely with psychedelics and weed.  All these tools need to be used appropriately.  They can become really bad addictions if not smartly used.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Alcohol was really best for me in the exploratory-phase of my life in general.  Now, alcohol is mostly a negative thing because what's I'm trying to do now is maintain Mindfulness.  Alcohol is a great tool if used appropriately.  The problem with it is it's addictive as Fu*k.  I'd be lying if I were to say alcohol is bad.  I've had some great times and done some great work using alcohol as a tool.  I've lauded alcohol before as a consciousness tool, and it is mostly in the exploratory-phase of this work.  In the advanced stages, not so much.  Alcohol opens you up, removes fear, and makes you feel great in your body.  And alcohol can also pair nicely with psychedelics and weed.  All these tools need to be used appropriately.  They can become really bad addictions if not smartly used.

*Mind blown*

How could you possibly use alcohol as a tool? I don't drink but I'm genuinely interested

@MarinMAlcohol does loosen inhibitions and open you to some experiences the problem is the amount method and control. It also seems to root one in the physical and the world of senses. In larger doses It acts as a sort of truth serum as the more you drink the less self control you will have,  less self-restraint  the more you just say and act how you feel and think with out any filter.

The big problem is alcohol is not a method that should be used. I say this for several reasons

• Repeated use = needing more to get same effect and that will lead to addiction at some point.
  • The more you drink the more inhibitions are let go of and the less control you have of the directing the experience. 
  • If you drink more than moderately aka(heavily) this results in a hang over not only that you memory of such events will be nonexistent or useless.
  • Tends to focus you on physical sensations and distort reality making it useless for enlightenment work.  

I feel this is a trap to use this as a tool of enlightenment as it distorts reality This is exact opposite of what you are trying to during enlightenment work.

What you are looking  for in enlightenment work is increased awareness and clarity.  Alcohol decreases awareness and distorts reality. Even at lower does I think this is playing with fire if you are using it for enlightenment work. It is just too easy to drink some then more and more over time and then you have a really negative habit that takes you away from awareness and enlightenment. 

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

40 minutes ago, Source_Mystic said:

@MarinMAlcohol does loosen inhibitions and open you to some experiences the problem is the amount method and control. It also seems to root one in the physical and the world of senses. In larger doses It acts as a sort of truth serum as the more you drink the less self control you will have,  less self-restraint  the more you just say and act how you feel and think with out any filter.

The big problem is alcohol is not a method that should be used. I say this for several reasons

• Repeated use = needing more to get same effect and that will lead to addiction at some point.
  • The more you drink the more inhibitions are let go of and the less control you have of the directing the experience. 
  • If you drink more than moderately aka(heavily) this results in a hang over not only that you memory of such events will be nonexistent or useless.
  • Tends to focus you on physical sensations and distort reality making it useless for enlightenment work.  

I feel this is a trap to use this as a tool of enlightenment as it distorts reality This is exact opposite of what you are trying to during enlightenment work.

What you are looking  for in enlightenment work is increased awareness and clarity.  Alcohol decreases awareness and distorts reality. Even at lower does I think this is playing with fire if you are using it for enlightenment work. It is just too easy to drink some then more and more over time and then you have a really negative habit that takes you away from awareness and enlightenment. 

You post this big warning, but how much experience do you have with alcohol use?  This reminds me of someone who stokes fear about something they know little about.  There is no good and bad, there's only smart and not-so-smart.  You gotta let people experiment.  You think you're protecting people, but you might be preventing people from growth too.  If you don't experiment thoroughly with life, how are you gonna be a true teacher?  You're not!  You're gonna be an ideologue.  The true teacher speaks from experience not through theory.  And that means that one must live and experience life fully without silly fears.  You gotta be a little risky in life.  You wanna live a charged life not a caged life.

The question is never why -- it's why not!  The explorer looks under every rock in life, even many of the the taboo ones.

Why should I drink alcohol? => Why not drink alcohol?

Why should I talk to girls? => Why not talk to girls?

See?

This is a powerful method.  Change every why (fear-based phrase) to a why not (non fear-based phrase).

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor  The very idea that you can drink you way to enlightenment is absurd.

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind.