Shanmugam

Either you are enlightened or not enlightened

230 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

I prefer to be headless anyway?

I can tell by your last two questions :D 

@Heart of Space I get you man. And thanks. And I love those posts, they’re really my favorites, don’t get me wrong. Shit dude I was all choked up reading yours! I think every breakthrough is cause for celebration. I really do. I’m vicarious about it. Lol. My heart goes out to those who try to take away from it.        It’s just that if we say it’s a digital, unenlightened or enlightened, I think we’re sending a message that makes it harder for us to stay on the practices after a breakthrough, and it triggers our ego’s by trying to claim we’re on the ‘right’ side of the on/off. Most of all though, it subtly drains a little energy. It’s not agreeable to the source we all are. I can feel it when I contemplate it. We can’t consider an eternal infinite intelligence within us to be of two ways, or black and white, and expect to conntinue to know it more deeply. It is always on the move. I am also moving ahead, and behind, where I authentically am, on the daily - there’s always more love and more awareness to be experienced in my opinion. Please smack me on the head as needed as well. Often two or three times in necessary,  thanks.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Natasha

i appreciate your concern friend 

People are only afraid of the know coming to an end. Cant be afraid of what you don’t know.

My responsibility is to share with my son and others the significance of a freedom from the known, ‘past conditioning and all that the self has accumulated from experience, knowledge, memory, which is the response of thought’...... Exploration must start from within first so that any outward exploration/experience can be met with fresh eyes and not eyes of the past, ‘that which is static’. If we meet the present moment with that of the past then we are not meeting each moment anew. We are meeting that new dynamic/active momment with that of the past. Which is to live in perpetual conflict, contradiction, and disorder. 

Thanks for your recommendation though buddy??

Edited by Faceless

8 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

What is stopping anyone from eating food, talking with family, laughing at jokes or listening to music etc? It doesn't have to be an ego game. You can do all with even more involvement after enlightenment. The life doesn't change. It is the same life. There is a difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation. Do not go for jogging to reduce weight, go for jogging because you enjoy doing it. The results will be the same but you will enjoy doing what you are doing.

Nothing! I am just confused by how people describe enlightenment and what it entails. Sometimes it feels like enlightenment means giving up the ego completely, but I see the ego an integral part of non-duality to begin with. Otherwise, I completely agree with enjoying with what is doing.

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

@SgtPepper From your pic, you don’t mind some shrooms once and a while. Have you experienced absolute yet?

Good question! That is what I am trying to figure out. I would love a description of what absolute means. I can tell you what I have experienced via psilocybin mushrooms: 

My experiences are quite similar to Leo's enlightenment video that was just released.

1. I have experienced oneness 

2. the temporary quality of feeling, sensations,  and thoughts.

3. There being no other, because everything comes from within. "It's all me"

3. Deep peace and quietness of the mind as well as stillness that permeates my being. 

4. Complete presence in every single moment. 

5. Deep understanding and love for myself and others.

6. Loss of control, being awareness itself, not the body. 

However, my last trip (approximately 3 weeks ago) left me quite lost as I was very aware of illusory nature of my mind-body in comparison to absolute truth and I had trouble pinpointing or grasping deep Truth. I felt that I become conscious of nothingness, the invisible-conscious quality that a lot of people talk about. It's everywhere but nowhere and invisible but not because it was presence. but I did not know what to make of it, what to say about it, how to conceptualize it, as I felt anytime I had a thought about it, I had already lost touch with it. My last trip really exposed the illusory nature of my ego and taught me how important it is to have a empty mind to see what I guess people call the Absolute. 

The great thing about tripping is that I am very aware of how to get back into this state of mind because the psychedelics forces me to go through it, so I am aware of what it is to have a clear mind.

If anybody has any guidance/evaluation regarding this experience and the topic of enlightenment, let me know!

26 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Heart of Space I get you man. And thanks. And I love those posts, they’re really my favorites, don’t get me wrong. Shit dude I was all choked up reading yours! I think every breakthrough is cause for celebration. I really do. I’m vicarious about it. Lol. My heart goes out to those who try to take away from it.        It’s just that if we say it’s a digital, unenlightened or enlightened, I think we’re sending a message that makes it harder for us to stay on the practices after a breakthrough, and it triggers our ego’s by trying to claim we’re on the ‘right’ side of the on/off. Most of all though, it subtly drains a little energy. It’s not agreeable to the source we all are. I can feel it when I contemplate it. We can’t consider an eternal infinite intelligence within us to be of two ways, or black and white, and expect to conntinue to know it more deeply. It is always on the move. I am also moving ahead, and behind, where I authentically am, on the daily - there’s always more love and more awareness to be experienced in my opinion. Please smack me on the head as needed as well. Often two or three times in necessary,  thanks.

Yes, I agree with your thoughts.  I've also realized that it can trigger ego in others just simply by saying it on top of giving others the wrong sort of idea about enlightenment being binary that could cause confusion and frustration.  Too many facets to enlightenment and there's too much baggage attached to the word itself.  

Enlightenment doesn't have levels

The progress in spiritual path that we are talking about is only about how much a person has purified

that doesn't mean that you have reached a certain level of enlightenment

that is not enlightenment

There cannot be a partial duality. There cannot be a more or less enlightenment.

Reality itself cannot expand or contract, cannot grow or shrink. Because reality is infinity. There can be no further growth to infinity.

Those were just from your initial post, I guess they all are only limitations of language and not limiting beliefs, right?

Haha!

Edited by SOUL

20 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@Faceless Of course. I have a son too, so I can relate :)

How old is your boy? 

3 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Those were just from your initial post, I guess they are all just limitations of language and not limiting beliefs, right?

Haha!

You seem to have a habit in pointing out others wording, then attributing beliefs to them, and then implying that said attributed beliefs are negative without any further explanation.  If you have a point to make this is not very helpful if you're genuinely trying to help others see a new perspective.  :|

36 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

You seem to have a habit in pointing out others wording, then attributing beliefs to them, and then implying that said attributed beliefs are negative without any further explanation.  If you have a point to make this is not very helpful if you're genuinely trying to help others see a new perspective.  :|

I only point them out to people who state that beliefs are negative in some way to alert them to theirs. If they think negatively about them then hidden or unconscious beliefs can be negative for them as per their beliefs about them. Words are how people post and reveal their ideas and beliefs so of course that's what I would point to on a forum.

I personally don't believe that beliefs are inherently negative, they are natural psychological trust mechanisms and have no bias to them that we don't give them. We all have beliefs. I guess you are projecting your own negative perspective of beliefs onto me alerting others of unconscious beliefs. Besides, believing beliefs are negative is a limiting belief.... haha.

Dear Shanmugam, tell me you can Sing :) and we talk about Enlightenment

Blessings

2 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I only point them out to people who state that beliefs are negative in some way to alert them to theirs. If they think negatively about them then hidden or unconscious beliefs can be negative for them as per their beliefs about them. Words are how people post and reveal their ideas and beliefs so of course that's what I would point to on a forum.

I personally don't believe that beliefs are inherently negative, they are natural psychological trust mechanisms and have no bias to them that we don't give them. We all have beliefs. I guess you are projecting your own negative perspective of beliefs onto me alerting others of unconscious beliefs. Besides, believing beliefs are negative is a limiting belief.... haha.

I'm not projecting at all.  

This post is in the right direction, you're at least explaining yourself a little better.  All I'm trying to say is, man, that I don't even really understand what the point of your post is even if it's genuinely trying to actually help the guy you quoted.  I'm just giving my perspective on the helpfulness of your posts.  Ultimately it's just my perspective, take it or leave it.  It's cool either way.  :)

@Heart of Space That is where this started, asking about the personal perspective from experience but ultimately our well being and liberation from self induced suffering is the fruit of inner peace.

Edited by SOUL

@SOUL  Here is what you are trying to do. You are creating an imaginary problem and then trying to offer a solution for the imaginary problem...

What the hell do you mean by 'limiting beliefs'? What the hell in my posts indicate that all these are beliefs?

Stop fooling yourself and other people in the forum. The best help you can do to people is to not to open your mouth anymore and not to try to appear too smart.

You are the one who is trying to create limitations here. Do you see that? I have noticed almost a dozen of your posts in this forum (while replying to many people here, not just mine) which have only one implication. The underlying message is  always 'You shouldn't have said that'.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1