Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuperLuigi

Vegan problems

12 posts in this topic

I have been vegan (no animal products) for over 5 years but recently have encountered many health issues (unable to digest many plant protein, leaving no viable protein to eat), including some meat in my diet seems to be the only option (I can't tolerate any grains or beans anymore).

I would try to source as ethically as I could, but it does of course, still involve the killing of another.

Is there any way this is acceptable? Or should one sacrifice their health, if necessary? 

Have you ever tried a pressure cooker like the Instant Pot? It cooks grains and legumes much better than stovetop. 

Also, try these

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

I'm in this with you bro.  I think the advice about the pressure cooker was on point.  Ideally, you wanna focus on getting more tenderness into your body.  Raw vegans manage somehow.  I find that the easiest way for me so far is to allow a small amount of dairy, which I'm not suggesting, I just recognize that my bigger problem is homelessness, unemployment, PTSD issues, resentment.  I know in my body the particular issue is in my small intestines, and it gives me really bad breath, for which the metaphysical cause is definitely resentment.  Am I gonna be a hard ass on myself about having resentment?  Hell no!  There's no quicker was to get me to go postal than to downplay my struggles.  

It would be really helpful to know more, to sort out what you need most at the moment.  It might be low stomach fire, dehydration, poor absorption, lack of salt, emotional, or a whole variety of things, so I wish you luck in figuring it out.

6 hours ago, Dragallur said:

@SuperLuigi find what really causes it and solve the issue, if you are vegan correctly than you should have no problems.

@SuperLuigi

I agree with @Dragallur. If you keep track of what you eat, there shouldn't be any health problems. In fact you should be way healthier on a vegan diet.

Get into the work of Michael Greger, he has a lot of videos, that adress specific issues, associated to diet. And I can recommend his book "How Not to die":

www.nutritionfacts.org

Do a raw juice cleanse/water fast and start fresh again. This is the only way you can truly see what is working for you and what is not. When you start eating again start with fruits one fruit at a time then observe then slowly make your way to vegetables again one at a time and observe the body/mind and how you feel ect...

B R E A T H E

Another side note. I went vegan/raw vegan for half a year and had major issues as well, so I switched back to keto/paleo. In the meantime, I began working on the subtle body through daily yoga and psychedelic therapy, releasing tons of emotions and bodily tensions. Now, after cultivating more body awareness, I'm gravitating back to a plant-based diet. 

The point is, your issues may not all stem from diet. There are many other factors to consider: psychosomatic tensions, lack of body awareness, daily exercise, PD or spiritual practices, supplements, heredity, anxiety, depression, the list goes on. 

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

I'm vegan too...before I was vegan I ate lots of sardines...I found them to be very easy to digest and they are very high in omega 3, calcium, and selenium...

The reason that I do not eat them now is because I do not support the fishing companies that catch them...however, maybe one day I will continue to eat sardines.

Buy canned ones...preferablly canned in water, and you can add them to a salad or eat them straight out of the can (my fav)

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@SuperLuigiAgree 100% with @pluto . 136 Day Juice Fast -- elevated my life on every level: physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. True bliss. Cured many dis-eases as well (back-acne, fatigue, & IBS). Cooked foods do have a dramatically slower bowel-transit time, and can collect in the colon over time. If you don't believe me, do a colonic and see the unbelievable amount of old SHIT that is stuck in your colon, which most likely is a major contributing cause to many of your current ailments. Cheers! :)

Anyway, sounds like your pancreas (responsible for digesting) is weak. You may also want to supplement with herbs (tinctures or teas) to target this weakness, such as Gentian, Milk Thistle, Chickweed, Marshmallow, Bitters, Dandelion Root, Dock Family (Yellow Dock, Burdock, Oregon Grape Root), Ginger, and the Mint Family. Look up Dr. Morse on YouTube for more info ;) Him and John Rose saved my life.

Edited by ppfeiff

2 hours ago, ppfeiff said:

@SuperLuigiAgree 100% with @pluto . 136 Day Juice Fast -- elevated my life on every level: physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. True bliss. Cured many dis-eases as well (back-acne, fatigue, & IBS). Cooked foods do have a dramatically slower bowel-transit time, and can collect in the colon over time. If you don't believe me, do a colonic and see the unbelievable amount of old SHIT that is stuck in your colon, which most likely is a major contributing cause to many of your current ailments. Cheers! :)

Anyway, sounds like your pancreas (responsible for digesting) is weak. You may also want to supplement with herbs (tinctures or teas) to target this weakness, such as Gentian, Milk Thistle, Chickweed, Marshmallow, Bitters, Dandelion Root, Dock Family (Yellow Dock, Burdock, Oregon Grape Root), Ginger, and the Mint Family. Look up Dr. Morse on YouTube for more info ;) Him and John Rose saved my life.

Indeed because cooked foods destroy enzymes within the food and enzymes are key for optimal nutrient delivery and cell regeneration. I never felt better in my life than when i only ate raw living foods, its common nature sense.

B R E A T H E