Speedscarlet

Byron Katie has reached the pinnacle of self-actualization

16 posts in this topic

Because she has 100% emotional mastery. I can't say that I'm completely sure about it, but my best guess is that that is so. So what more is there to self-actualization? If you're feeling happy all the time with no moment of a negative feeling, how could you improve on that more?

Nah, there's deeper.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Speedscarlet At these levels, it's not possible to easily communicate. The work becomes very subtle.

You can't look too far ahead. Just keep in mind that you don't really know how deep the rabbit hole goes, and that it's very easy to underestimate it.

After you achieve your initial few awakenings, then more possibilities will open up to you -- depending on where your interests lie.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Happy all the time? That sounds like delusion. The ego can’t stick. It is always in permanent change. Being only in one way is like trying to control yourself. That’s ego. These -repressed- emotions will blow up in the end.

Have you not yet realized that you are not here to be the same all the time?

Edited by Mercurio3

What is something that you can tell me that I should learn from Byron Katie?   I like her story, just gimme a nugget.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Byron Katie was fortunate enough to have a immediate awakening to the truth.. Like Eckhardt she was awoken through immense pain and suffering.. Most of us do not have this option which is why we hang so tightly to their teachings..

I love her work.. Deep self inquiry is necessary in order to awaken from within and she has a beautiful process for doing so...

Just another marketing of a repackaged generic 'self awareness' method, it is what it is.

If someone actually does the self examination any method will work and it's just a matter a preference when it comes to who one gravitates towards as a guide or even if one needs a guide.

Edited by SOUL

@SOUL Seems so yes.
Here's critique about it:
https://mortentolboll.weebly.com/uploads/6/3/9/3/6393206/katie.pdf
https://mortentolboll.weebly.com/uploads/6/3/9/3/6393206/janaki.pdf

She seems to have been influenced by Ken Keyes work and made it hers.
Doesn't seem like she want's to admit it either. I don't trust her.
Read chapter 23 in the second link.
Also scroll all the way approaching the bottom their is snippets from Ken Keyes books.
I'm thinking of looking into his books instead. Don't wan't a simplified, dumbed down version of his work.
I've read that many people have experienced feelings of shame, guilt etc as a consequences of using her method that required further therapy.

Just a perspective.

Edited by sgn

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@sgn  There definitely is a gimmicky 'cure for all' that makes people 'always happy' rhetoric found around it that can be problematic. The simplicity of it doesn't seem out of place because awakening is simple even if it's not always easy or that one method works for everyone.

@SOUL Ok yeah good point.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@sgn Reading some of those links you gave there is an interesting point about the drawing a conclusion before the questions are even asked. There is quite a bit of that in non-duality/enlightenment as well, it's basically priming to 'see' it a certain way, with a certain conceptual paradigm.

Although, that article writer sure exposes some 'culty' stuff about it....

Edited by SOUL

Not sure why it matters if material one person uses is similar to anothers. If the material touches peoples lives and guides them toward the ultimate truth then in what way is that a bad thing?