Patang

my path to enlightenment

18 posts in this topic

Full Disclosure:
i am NOT an enlightened guy and there is no such thing as enlightenment.

Development Steps:
1. i started watching "my" thoughts and feelings and stopped identify with them.
2. i knew then that i am not "my" thoughts and feelings, nor i am "my" body.
3. i stopped practicing judgment and criticism about reality as a whole.
4. i realized the nature of duality that governs reality.
5. i repeatedly asked "my self" who am i.
6. i started peeling the layers of the "self", what i assumed to be "me".
7. i realized then that all "my" imprints and beliefs are not "mine".
8. i looked at "my" fears "straight in the eyes" and realized that they are not real.
9. i realized then that life doesn't happen to "me", it happens for "me".
10. from then on i have been practicing full surrender to whatever happens in reality, watching the flow of inevitability and realizing the real nature of reality.

Edited by Patang

That's awesome!!

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

So you're basically saying I just have to wait ? B|

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

no, you have to work hard, real hard to get it through. but then it is done effortlessly. it looks like a paradox, a contradiction, but then again, i can assure you it is not B|

2 minutes ago, Patang said:

no, you have to work hard, real hard to get it through. but then it is done effortlessly. 

Yeah, it's exactly what's happening now :)

Meet you at 9 ^_^

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Can you explain a littlebit how to not identify with thoughts? It seems to me it goes always like this:

A tought pops up, I immediately start to "read" it in my head, as that is what a thought is, it cant be delayed later. 

After a thought has been read, if im aware enough, a new thought comes up which says "that thought was not generated by a "me"-entity"

Here is a opening for a regression that i could infinitely loop, like "that previous thought was not from me, that wasn't either, that wasn't either..." etc. 

How to be a watcher of the thoughts, not a "reader" of them? Is this a problem at all? 

@molosku it is much like the difference between thinking about something and knowing it. when you know that a thought pops up is not "yours", then you dis-identify with it, you can watch it goes by instead of reading/hearing it. then, the loop of thoughts is broken. the same goes with emotions, you can watch them too. the thing is to stop being a player on your life "stage", immersed in reality, and start watching your life situations as a spectator, like watching a play. life doesn't happen to "you", it happens for "you".

Edited by Patang

@Patang Good job!

Have you reached the Absolute?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, molosku said:

Can you explain a littlebit how to not identify with thoughts? It seems to me it goes always like this:

A tought pops up, I immediately start to "read" it in my head, as that is what a thought is, it cant be delayed later. 

After a thought has been read, if im aware enough, a new thought comes up which says "that thought was not generated by a "me"-entity"

Here is a opening for a regression that i could infinitely loop, like "that previous thought was not from me, that wasn't either, that wasn't either..." etc. 

How to be a watcher of the thoughts, not a "reader" of them? Is this a problem at all? 

This is my new insight regarding thought and awareness. There is no such a think as though , then awareness, then though ,... and a loop goes on. Instead, awareness is always , present, absolute.  Though takes its attention. So the phrase : " that thought was not me, it was a though." Is itself a though. And there is nothing you can do about it , from the perspective of the mind. You need to break that loop by not playing that game. And one of the first step is to not be judgmental of the though. Let it come. Be loving to it and let it play. Even be humorous with them. Your awareness can handle it and much more. It will eventually dissolve in love. 

@Leo Gura hahaha my way to the absolute is looooooong, it feels like buzz lightyear from "toy story": to infinity and beyond

Edited by Patang

52 minutes ago, Samra said:

This is my new insight regarding thought and awareness. There is no such a think as though , then awareness, then though ,... and a loop goes on. Instead, awareness is always , present, absolute.  Though takes its attention. So the phrase : " that thought was not me, it was a though." Is itself a though. And there is nothing you can do about it , from the perspective of the mind. You need to break that loop by not playing that game. And one of the first step is to not be judgmental of the though. Let it come. Be loving to it and let it play. Even be humorous with them. Your awareness can handle it and much more. It will eventually dissolve in love. 

I'm on the same page as you, but my question really was: when thought takes attention, how to not identify with it. The "attention taking"  itself is inevitable and thus not a problem. 

@Patang What exactly do you mean by "you have to work hard"? 

Do you mean resistance from your mind is a requirement for spirituality? Why so?

How did you control yourself to work hard? I find in myself that I completely have no control on whether or not I can work hard or not, let alone anything in the path really. If, say, I am judging people, I can place awareness on the fact that I'm judging people, but whether I judge people or not is completely out of my control. If the mind has too much will to judge, it will, like a tsunami I can't control it.

@Samra @molosku imagine that you are floating on a smooth lake. from a distance you can see a wave doing its way toward you. you can let it go through you without any effect, or you can let it takes you wherever it goes. this is your choice to make.

@electroBeam working hard means pay attention, being aware to all that is happening within yourself, especially regarding fears. you see, all what you consider to be "yourself", your thoughts and feelings, all your imprints and beliefs, all judgment and criticism, all your fears... all of them, must be taken out of "your system" and put aside. it's a long and agonizing work some times (especially at the beginning), but then it is done effortlessly. it is a no return journey to a place where you will know who you are. after that you will start knowing the true nature of reality, and the way to relate to it.

Edited by Patang

@Patang Well done! 

i realized then that life doesn't happen to "me", it happens for "me".

That’s a deep one man. So happy for you. Thanks for sharing!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Patang Sure but you didn't really have control over whether you chose to put attention on it or not right? 

@electroBeam on the contrary, you want to loose control, the ego is the one who wants to gain control over the process. the ego must die. cleansing is a demanding work, it requires self discipline and clarity of intent. now you understand why and how the ego resists and why it is hard at the beginning but it gets easier over time until it is done effortlessly. that's the process.

Edited by Patang

6 hours ago, electroBeam said:

@Patang Sure but you didn't really have control over whether you chose to put attention on it or not right? 

Whether or not there is really something that is doing it or if it's automatic here doesn't really matter.

You can definitely focus on it, it's a choice, or at least appears like a choice.

Just gotta practice more.

God is love

And God in them