solr

Consuming meat on a spiritual path.

31 posts in this topic

I just wondered if anyone here would like to share their thoughts on consuming meat (and other animal products) while on this journey. What do you eat and why? Have you made a change in your diet and did it make you feel any different? 

Personally, I've always consumed a lot of meat and dairy. A lot. I lift heavy weights at the gym, and I would eat 500 grams of meat every day. I've never felt guilty about it until recently. I don't really know what happened, but I was shopping for meat, and then it just hit me. This is body... parts. I can't really explain the feeling I got, but I don't want to touch it anymore, it makes me feel sick. Full on cold turkey from that moment. Then I went on to watch some documentaries, and I actually doubt there's a way back for me now. I don't know, but after changing my diet I actually feel more connected to the world. I feel happier. More content. More awake. I don't know why. I never, ever thought I would write these words. I actually used to have a lot of strong judgements towards vegans and vegetarians for some reason.

There's probably a thread on this topic somewhere, but I'm having trouble searching on my phone. I hope this is ok

Edited by solr

Past couple months for me I get a feeling of disgust whenever I eat meat. I still eat meat though, I grew up eating it so I can't really help it. I'm surrounded by a society that consumes alot of meat. Obviously it's going to take me some time to make adjustments to my diet, I've been eating more fruits and vegetables, been on a smoothie beinge lately. Everything is interconnected, when you consume meat you are taking in that animals suffering before it was slaughtered, that fear energy gets transferred to you. I would like to kick out dairy and meat at some point, go full on vegan.

I eat mostly vegan but I'm more of a vegetarian when I'm eating out or if someone offers me food or something like that. I decided to become a vegan for 1 or two months just as an experiment and I never got off it. I remember that my mind got a lot clearer, the tiredness after a big meal doesn't come up as much and my skin got much better. I would recommend becoming a vegan just for a month to find out what happens. :) 

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

More than 20 years I was a vegetarian (never liked meat). About 10 months ago I switched to vegan. 

Best thing I ever did! Everything changed, I feel so, so much better in every way possible! 

I always thought it was the meat. But it isn't. It is the dairy, the eggs, cheese. Dr. Greger or Mic the Vegan (youtube) are helpfull sources.

Start simple, by replacing your daily products. Slowly adjust to more and more plant-based. 

Good luck with your journey! 

Edited by Rebec

14 hours ago, solr said:

What do you eat and why? Have you made a change in your diet and did it make you feel any different? 

Growing up I ate the standard american diet. But I've found that the more I've awakened, the more I've just gravitated towards a raw, vegan diet.

Why? I just can't seem to help it. It's what I crave.

For instance, I used to love eggs. They were great for getting protein into my diet while hitting the gym. Then one day out of nowhere, I started throwing up every time I ate eggs.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Eventually I cut out all meat just because I hated how it felt every time I ate it. And I used to eat meat everyday.

The Substance Which You hold as the Vibration Of Meat. Is Merely A Intellectual Habit Made Out Of Irresponsible Resin. You Must Hold It in the lowest ranks of mind. Otherwise It shall interest Your Powers. You are a Power Much Less Than It to respect the makeup of the sections which contain the vast majority of un-working intelligence. It Is Mind-Reduction Radiation which fucks you. 

Anyways My friend, Good My My. Please Take Your Bum And Wipe The Surface of Your Face.

Cheers.

On 3.2.2018 at 6:52 PM, nightrider1435 said:

Past couple months for me I get a feeling of disgust whenever I eat meat. I still eat meat though, I grew up eating it so I can't really help it. I'm surrounded by a society that consumes alot of meat. Obviously it's going to take me some time to make adjustments to my diet, I've been eating more fruits and vegetables, been on a smoothie beinge lately. Everything is interconnected, when you consume meat you are taking in that animals suffering before it was slaughtered, that fear energy gets transferred to you. I would like to kick out dairy and meat at some point, go full on vegan.

Yeah me too, seems as the more deep i get into meditation etc the more clean food i crave. Cant drink more than one or two beers longer either. Its as something in me dont want it. Went vegan for half a year last year. Never felt so clear and spiritual ever, so going to eat semi vegan (like not being picky when asked home to people) from now with a juicefast to set it of. Cant wait

Vegan is the most natural thing and the most quality to your mind. 

Do it for 1 Month and then ask questions. 

Food for thought the Dali lama eats meat.

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

Well he could eat whatever he wants presumably. Hes allready «there» and has been for a good while. But everyone does his/her thing i guess

"You" are what "You" eat. Literally!!!!!! eating is basically Canibalism so be it hog roast or raw vegan it really doesn't matter. 

Once you see Reality as it is, no matter if you eat meat, what matters is the belief you have about it. 

Do you believe it will lower your vibration because of the stress on killing the animal, yes it will influence you if you believe. 

It is more efficient for the body to digest only vegetables? Yes it is.

You will stop advancing on your spiritual path becase you eat meat? No.

In the end, everything is everything. Everything has consciousness, even the cold rocks. 

Any biological being has consciousness, more or less complex. It is up to you to believe that something will harm you or not. 

So, yes, is more efficient a second hand diet (vegetables, algae, mushrooms etc). First being Sun Gazing. 

Blessings

Lifting weights is not an excuse to eat meat. You only need about 1.6*kg of your bodyweight in order to grow, you can get that easily with zero grams of meat, and thats the whole reason why gymfolk eat meat. All the nutrients plus more can be gained from non meat foods. 

@Quanty

6 hours ago, Quanty said:

Everything has consciousness, even the cold rocks. 

Any biological being has consciousness, more or less complex.

Where is this "having" of consciousness occurring in? In a physical world?  ;)

Do what feels authentic to you.

Personally, I have a deep innate love for animals so it doesn’t feel good to eat meat. Not because it doesn’t feel morally right to do it, but because I feel naturally drawn not to do it.

So experiment with your diet, eat things that make you feel light, energetic and happy 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

On 2/8/2018 at 9:30 AM, molosku said:

@Quanty

Where is this "having" of consciousness occurring in? In a physical world?  ;)

There is no physical world, this is a concept only. Everything is Physical and Spiritual. If one awakens can see this, understand this (see the quantum world beyond the 5 senses). But cannot be put in mind concepts or words, why? Because we didn't invented yet the Philological Technology to express our quantum mechanics reality.

Blessings

On 03/02/2018 at 5:52 PM, nightrider1435 said:

I also grew up eating meat and a standard UK diet (I'm 27 now), the start of January 2018 whilst I was falling asleep I remember saying to myself "I don't want to eat meat anymore" and went on to contemplate a little. The next morning, I woke as normal and a couple of hours into the morning, I remembered what I was contemplating the previous night, from that moment on I became pescatarian, literally, cold turkey, one night, boom! Your possibly limiting yourself by saying "I can't really help it" ?

1 week today with vegan food only. I feel like i dipped my toes in nirvana. not joking. never going back. :)

It doesn't really matter what you're eating as long as you're sincere with yourself. 

I like your attitude towards your diet :)