Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onacloudynight

How to live in a cave?

8 posts in this topic

What are the logistics of living in a cave? Say I wanted to devote myself full time to enlightenment. There isn't exactly a tutorial on youtube for how to do this. Where do I find a cave? Where do I get my food? Water? What to do about bugs or animals? How to make it work? etc.... We need a video on this! lol

The mere fact that you are asking this question already implies that you don´t really want to live in a cave nor do you want to pursue enlightenment full time, as for now at least. 

if that happens to be the case what was the real need for you to ask anything in the first place?, where is that need coming from?

Ponder on that ;)

1 hour ago, onacloudynight said:

What are the logistics of living in a cave? Say I wanted to devote myself full time to enlightenment. There isn't exactly a tutorial on youtube for how to do this. Where do I find a cave? Where do I get my food? Water? What to do about bugs or animals? How to make it work? etc.... We need a video on this! lol

Lol, love this topic! You are right, it should be a tutorial for all of us that like to live life in solitude. 

Solitude is great for all of us who feel we have tighter connection to God then others, we feel a little bit superior to our human fellows, rightly so. ;)

I created a thread earlier today where I pushed for the Sage model of life. I guess a cave suits a sage.. ;)

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

36 minutes ago, Greatnestwithin said:

The mere fact that you are asking this question already implies that you don´t really want to live in a cave nor do you want to pursue enlightenment full time, as for now at least. 

if that happens to be the case what was the real need for you to ask anything in the first place?, where is that need coming from?

Ponder on that ;)

How so? Maybe I don't want to live in a cave right this very moment, but it definitely is something I am considering. I feel like this could be practical advice for us bent more towards solitude. 

@onacloudynight Well unless your question is a joke (if it is, it is a great one),

your questions are basically hopeless. 

2 hours ago, onacloudynight said:

Where do I find a cave?

Really? Are you serious, this would take way more dedication for it to work than just asking this on a forum, I am sorry if this sounds rude but why exactly cave why not like a cabin from which you would go shopping once a week in a small village? You see, this is like asking: "how do I live my life when I have no clue?". Because I do not want to just bash you down, you could probably research something about survival in the wilderness and talk with people that did similar things, how many people do you think are here that lived in a cave? 

2 hours ago, onacloudynight said:

What to do about bugs

Yup, bugs will be there! That is for sure, spiders and whatnot. 

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

25 minutes ago, Dragallur said:

@onacloudynight Well unless your question is a joke (if it is, it is a great one),

your questions are basically hopeless. 

Really? Are you serious, this would take way more dedication for it to work than just asking this on a forum, I am sorry if this sounds rude but why exactly cave why not like a cabin from which you would go shopping once a week in a small village? You see, this is like asking: "how do I live my life when I have no clue?". Because I do not want to just bash you down, you could probably research something about survival in the wilderness and talk with people that did similar things, how many people do you think are here that lived in a cave? 

Yup, bugs will be there! That is for sure, spiders and whatnot. 

I agree. Probably wasn't a bright idea to ask on this forum. Lol

@onacloudynight

Well I'll indulge you My friend :)

It's a interesting question to ponder. first of all you would need to find a place that would have caves. There's places were yogis have been doing it throughout history in India. That would be something you would have to research further ( places to go? )

As far as food is concerned if you was out in the wild you could learn how to hunt your own food, or local food sources. You could stock up on rice or something like that, that's a further thing to research.

Toilet would have to be outside in nature in a hole or you could shit in a bucket in your cave.

You could have blankets to make it comfortable and keep warm and you could even have a fire. 

As far as bugs are concerned I think they would be the least of your challenges there. You could always find a friend who is up for it as well and you support each other. 

You would need tremendous discipline, and it would be far beyond easy. But its not impossible and not unheard of to do it.

If you got Netflix look up yogis there's a few documentary's of these yogis living life like that, it may offer some further insight into that way of life. 

Good luck.

Maybe do a few trial runs first to get a taste for it, before full commitment.