Mrkvn8

Beware of Dropping All "Low Conscious" Friends

23 posts in this topic

@Mrkvn8 I'm sorry for your loss. Perhaps you can re-connect with some of the insightful ones, if you have an authentic talk about your mistake? If not, I suppose it's an important lesson. I am 100% with @pluto it's about the toxic ones mostly, but I'll add, if the chimpy stuff is over the top - really destructive and awful, it's also shitty to deal with and usually too hard to resonate with even if they have wisdom etc... @Mrkvn8 I've found this with meeting new people too... if they are way too into chimpy stuff - just want to talk about the latest TV, how much they drank, etc... they may not be the best friend.... but there are billions of potential new friends for you, and with your new empathetic & less judgemental lens you will likely find more soon :) 

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Mistakes can really have consequences.

I've met all kinds of people in life or read about different kinds of lives before. Many of you would be surprised to know how many unstereotypical places wisdom comes from. People have heard of multiple intelligences - such as being good at music, math, moving their bodies and writing. but in the same way there are multiple pieces of wisdom. No one is wise in everything and about everyone is wise at something.

I grew up with a mom who gossips all the time but has an ability to be grateful for the simple things in life that many people lack. I had a good mentor figure who often pushed his ideas on other people too much, but in many of his ideas, lots of them were insightful enough to change my life. As someone who likes talking intellectually, I know people who can make lots of poop jokes one time and talk about the depths of philosophy the next. 

Wisdom doesn't always look like an old guy with a beard, who's quiet, serious, reflective - all that "old soul" stereotype people talk about. Wisdom expresses it differently. Wisdom can be playful, charismatic, fiery tempered, blunt, bold, risky and extroverted. Being able to go out into the world to explore and learn ideas from people is a certain type of wisdom that comes from a courage to do what other people are too afraid to do.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates