Joseph Maynor

This Quote is Amazing from Nisargadatta Maharaj

82 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

You're so low consciousness...

How can you call such a beautiful animal "low consciousness...", I mean, you egoic meanie! We'd be lost without him, like if he left the forum, there'd be no way to replace his singular "value" haha, god this gets funner and funner!

Try putting on Tupac (Me against the World) in the background with this! It's resplindant!!!  ;-p

"Reality in 400 forum pieces"

Edited by Sri Ramana Maharshi
More funny.

2 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

23vpah.jpg

On 2/2/2018 at 0:29 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Quote from Nisargadatta Maharaj:

“My Guru ordered me to attend to the sense 'I am' and to give attention to nothing else. I just obeyed. I did not follow any particular course of breathing, or meditation, or study of scriptures. <SNIP>          

Edited by Sri Ramana Maharshi
Goofed up, suck at forums.

Rep+++ for Mighty Mouse, if I can figure out how. 

If you are a Zen Devil, does that mean that the Roshi is Lucifer, and the stick he hits you with is a Trident. Sorry, can't help it, it's 5:30am!! :o

Joseph,

You are obviously a thoughtful, hardworking, and sensive guy, and you seem sincere.

I love Nasargadatta's paper, and I gain lots of devotion from it too at times, when other practices become too tech and my head spins.

Yet, I am leary/wary of instructions where one is told to employ "blind" faith and devotion to a "guru". The whole guru concept is a very very dangerous one. In Catholicism, the Pope is concedered God on earth, and nearly unquestionable. This isn't "the path" to IMHO.

Good luck, and sincere Metta!

Ramana

2 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

23vpgo.jpg

Get into an argument with the above pictured guy about genetics, and he will be "right" every fucking time. Sorry Charlie. He even knows a bit more about non-dual than you might first imagine, being collegues with Susan Blackmore and all. Just saying.

1 minute ago, captainamerica said:

@Joseph Maynor thank you !

Needed this motivation to follow-through.

Looks to me like you are kicking total ass, exploring your feelings, heart, mind, guy, and the way that complex interacts with the sense of "self" and "world". In other words, you are bravely walking the path (your path), like we all will, regardless of what we "think". You seem to be a smart and sensitive guy. I too, get uptight and stressed and can have trouble remembering that there is nothing but reason to relax. I can choose to fall apart, and feed off of that taste as well.

7 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

23vpgo.jpg

Get into an argument with the above pictured guy about genetics, and he will be "right" every fucking time. Sorry Charlie. He even knows a bit more about non-dual than you might first imagine, being collegues with Susan Blackmore and all. Just saying.

This thread has been completely hijacked.  The moderators should shut it down.  Ya'll are wasting your time, and calling me addicted to boot.  Look at you!  Most people on here are addicted to the Internet.  Yet, I'm the one who gets accused of it initially.  Project much?  At least I'm trying to put out real shit on here not just bad attempts at humor.  All these crap single line posts on here are the problem, not my content.  And the people making those, what the hell are you doing on here?  Go to a bar and talk to some chicks if you wanna be funny.  This is a personal development forum not some kind of text messaging thing where we trade single line posts with an attempt to be snarky.  That's a waste of time, if you ask me.  Get to work!  Are you enlightened yet?  No.  Any why not?  Because you're wasting your time trying to be funny all the time.  You're not even addressing your deeper problems.  You're avoiding them.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

55 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

23vqlu.jpg

I know you're not enlightened Mighty Mouse.   That much I can tell you.   That much is obvious.  You're like a child trying to gain attention all the time with your humor.  Look at me, look at me, look at me!  All the time.  That is your M.O.  I don't know how the hell you meditate or be still with that monkey-mind you got.  So, before you accuse me take a good look at yourself first.  How do you meditate by the way?  I can't see it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

The quote just gave away the 'golden nugget' for enlightenment. Rest in ''I AM'' and be self realized. Nothing else is needed, But LO!! what this turned into. The fact that this thread turned into a joke and me still sitting in front of a computer makes me wonder if Decarte's evil demon of deception really is real :o

All hail self deception!! Sometimes I feel like forgetting everything and start worshiping this all powerful force of nature :S

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

19 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Joseph Maynor

The quote just gave away the 'golden nugget' for enlightenment. Rest in ''I AM'' and be self realized. Nothing else is needed, But LO!! what this turned into. The fact that this thread turned into a joke and me still sitting in front of a computer makes me wonder if Decarte's evil demon of deception really is real :o

All hail self deception!! Sometimes I feel like forgetting everything and start worshiping this all powerful force of nature :S

Moderators please...

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

6 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

You gave up cheetos for THAT?! -_-

We made him use a .gif ...

He's probably committing suicide right now ...

We'll remember you Leo :(

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

This is like a breath of fresh air over a shit-pile.  Watch these videos.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

Joseph,

You are obviously a thoughtful, hardworking, and sensive guy, and you seem sincere.

I love Nasargadatta's paper, and I gain lots of devotion from it too at times, when other practices become too tech and my head spins.

Yet, I am leary/wary of instructions where one is told to employ "blind" faith and devotion to a "guru". The whole guru concept is a very very dangerous one. In Catholicism, the Pope is concedered God on earth, and nearly unquestionable. This isn't "the path" to IMHO.

Good luck, and sincere Metta!

Ramana

Thank you!  

I WOULD BE REMISS IF I DIDN'T POST THIS VIDEO HERE:

Edited by Joseph Maynor