JustinS

Ayurvedic Foods?

10 posts in this topic

Been getting really into yoga lately but is ayurvedic foods something worth getting into?

depends if you have problems that you need to fix...

better to first fix your diet + exercise get blood tests done

see how you feel and go on from there if you need to correct anything diet wise...

@JustinS As far as I know, one of the goals of Yoga is to reach a sattvic state mind. I would guess Ayuverda is a good assistance in that endeavor. To know the correct sattvic diet and balance to reach that state of mind. But I'm a layman on that and want to research it more in the future

Yes! Yoga and ayurveda is about the same. Connecting to your soul, where health and balance exist. If you know you are having unbalances on any level, ayurveda is a physical tool you can use, besides also working with the psychology and spirituality. It's not just about food, but about working with your personal nature to regain balance and happiness :) so yes, try find your vikruti, maybe with an internet test.. or a doctor/guide.

@Ida Thanks, I will first figure out my vikruti and see where it goes from there. 

On 02/02/2018 at 8:16 AM, JustinS said:

Been getting really into yoga lately but is ayurvedic foods something worth getting into?

Chyawanprash definitely

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

Listening to the body is the wisest of all foods/diets. Eat one food at a time and observe the next few hours until hungry again. This will teach you which food serves you best although i would advise a fast or a cleanse for 1-2 weeks so chemicals/toxins from processed foods do not mislead your judgement and observation.

B R E A T H E

33 minutes ago, JustinS said:

@pluto Can you give me advise on how to fast and/or cleanse?

This may help :)

I also suggest researching for a week or two beforehand. People like John Rose, Robert Morse, Loren Lockman are masters of fasting and cleaning the body back to its optimal functions. Hope this helps

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Thanks, this is a whole set of stuff I can spends hours on end researching into but I don’t really want to yet. Ima just start with eating more raw, salt water flushes, enemas, and more sunlight.