egoless

Where did consciousness come from?

88 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, egoless said:

This tells me that you might not have the precise idea what Enlightenment is. You don’t eliminate any of those you mentioned. On the contrary you become one with everything and realise that all of these you mentioned are made out of you - the pure awareness. 

Point is, you realize it is nothing. When turning inward and becoming aware of your unconscious reactions to the different sensations and experience it as itself rather than for you (as the surviving entity you think you are). To become pure awareness without seeing the world from a survival perspective, or through the lens of concepts.

15 minutes ago, egoless said:

Why do you make this assumption? Why can’t there be nothingness without awareness or consciousness? Try not to take anything for granted when exploring for the Truth.

Problem is that there is really no word or concept that ultimately describes what consciousness or awareness actually is, just because they are not it.

Maybe there is nothingness without awareness or consciousness... but not now. Now is now, even if there was nothing, there would still be now. But now is not you, or me... let me try this: one could say that consciousness is absolutely nothing. Who said that consciousness is something? Only we, humans did. What if it's the basement for everything, being it "nothing" or "something". We tend to assume that consciousness is something that is added on top of nothing, without thinking that maybe it is the basis for everything, including nothing; that consciousness is more fundamental than "nothing at all", itself.

Like I said, awareness can't be eliminated, because it is just now. That's what it comes down to; now. Take it away, and it would still be now. Now can't be eliminated.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless Have you seen that all is thought induced projection? It helps in terms of distinction, escape, from the materialist paradigm.

What we take in and project out yes. 

16 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless What has your experience with psychedelics been like so far? Like, which ones, what amounts, how was your experience, etc?

I have never even considered taking those. Because if you undertand the nature and process of thought/the self you see very clearly that any experience however “great” “powerful” is still a thought induced projection.. I know It seems like it wouldn’t be so. It’s a very subtle thing nahm. 

Edited by Faceless

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless What has your experience with psychedelics been like so far? Like, which ones, what amounts, how was your experience, etc?

I assure you that it’s still a means of measure to acheive the immeasurable

The immeasureable can not be invited 

Which makes it beautiful ?

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless I hear that man. I can really relate. If someone would have told me years ago that awareness was transcendent to thinking, I would have thought that was ridiculous. But, after years of meditation, in hindsight, I realize that was just the nature of my thinking. I am so thankful I relied on my own experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless I hear that man. I can really relate. If someone would have told me years ago that awareness was transcendent to thinking, I would have thought that was ridiculous. But, after years of meditation, in hindsight, I realize that was just the nature of my thinking. I am so thankful I relied on my own experience. 

That’s Learning buddy. ??

@NahmI’m sitting outside listening to birds...it’s wonderful

Edited by Faceless

46 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I have never even considered taking those. Because if you undertand the nature and process of thought/the self you see very clearly that any experience however “great” “powerful” is still a thought induced projection.. I know It seems like it wouldn’t be so. It’s a very subtle thing nahm. 

@Nahm imho psychadelics may be useful for some people in the beginning to shake their materialistic paradigms and show how unreal everything is including their separate identity. However, I still think that there is a huge trap in psychadelics. If you see Leos video psychadelics can create very powerful enlightened states but as you, me and Leo know state is not Enlightenment. Leo may have enough wisdom to realise this deception in the end but majority of people may become deluded or false enlightened. I can’t agree on relying on the psychadelics as the best boosters for Enlightenment (only initially). I believe they have better use in personal development. 

@egoless Other people’s experience doesn’t add up to anything for me. It’s interesting, I like hearing about it, but it’s not a tool I can use, just pointers to tools I can use. It’s fun to talk about, and I love learning, but, experience is the only way to know. I’d be speculating on anyone else. It is pointless, imo, trying to make distinctions on “someone else’s” enlightenment. I think you are wise to be open minded in this regard. Trying things for yourself, and being honest with yourself about where you’re at, and openly asking questions. Keep doing that, and you’ll never be “stuck” in being right. Ya know what I mean? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 2/2/2018 at 5:13 PM, Faceless said:

Can’t go from measure to the immeasurable. This approach is futile 

Ok, but from a microlevel we can ask how and where arises consciousness within our physical body. The reception of the perception by our senses creating the sense of the perciever is what give us the sense of being conscious, aware.

How this consciousness arises? can the consciousness exist without the body in other place that isnt a brain? theres lot of quantum stuff in there that we dont know.

Are we just a receptor of consciousness like an antenna?

@Nahm that’s true. And I only rely on my direct experiences. However as you said some people sharing theirs could act as the pointers. 

Consciousness comes from consciousness that comes from consciousness that comes from consciousness... to infinity. There is no *begin* and there is no *end*. All is just existence itself that is aware of itself. Ever. The mind can’t understand this because the mind is a *limit*, so it only can understand what is limited. And reality is there is not limits or boundaries at all. It’s crazy, isn’t it?

@Mercurio3 how do you know it? 

Are you speaking from direct experience? If not then it is not telling anything. If yes then how did you got there.

God comes from god which comes from god to infinity...

8 hours ago, egoless said:

@Nahm that’s true. And I only rely on my direct experiences. However as you said some people sharing theirs could act as the pointers. 

We're all experiencing consciousness directly right now. Most of us are just experiencing it from a limited view point, so to speak. Contemplation can also do wonders, IMO. I don't think any experience could reveal to you the WHY of anything, which your question stresses, only the WHAT IS. The why, or how, is for the limited human mind to contemplate. And that can only be done by the form (or God through the form, if you will).

So when you're asking these types of question, at least I wouldn't expect a direct experience insight to the why, although that could help, of course. But as I said, we do experience consciousness right now (or better stated; we are consciousness right now), so it kind of becomes a question of interpretation and intuition, or logic.

Edited by Edvard

@Edvard it can be up to intuition. However, my question is not why. My question is where it “all” comes from? What is the source of consciousness...

Edited by egoless

Actually there's another possibility that I don't know if we can verify, which is that God can't be accessed or experienced by any means. This means that everything in reality including "Consciousness" is a creature created by God, and God is someone else that we can't reach.

What if this reality was the devil? And non-duality was in fact a way to connect with the devil deceiving us that he's God?

The fact that we can't know anything for sure suggests strongly that we need a guidance. Which will be definitely some prophet sent by God Himself.

What if there are no other teachings that we can trust?

What if physical death is the only way to reach God?

Where was your consciousness before it habits your body? What if it will keep its memories after you die?

What if everything is really an exam? What if religion is true?

Non-duality doesn't answer these metaphysical questions: "How do you know if you're experiencing God or someone else?" "What about before birth and after death?" "Will consciousness stay after we die?"

Non-duality only cares about the "NOW" which is not the same as religions do.

I don't know if what I said was related to your post. But these questions always give me insomnia.

P.S. I don't know if these questions are valid.

So much talk for a very good question!!

It is a legit question that no one can give the right answer but we can at least try to do our best to explain :)

Infinite is nothing. It's literally nothing and how can nothing even start to begin with? 

You see your understanding as always a new beginning. The being aspect is out of sight but now when you see it, it is clear. Being is nothing. 

What's left after that? Everything else. 

Edited by cirkussmile

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Actually there's another possibility that I don't know if we can verify, which is that God can't be accessed or experienced by any means. This means that everything in reality including "Consciousness" is a creature created by God, and God is someone else that we can't reach.

What if this reality was the devil? And non-duality was in fact a way to connect with the devil deceiving us that he's God?

The fact that we can't know anything for sure suggests strongly that we need a guidance. Which will be definitely some prophet sent by God Himself.

What if there are no other teachings that we can trust?

What if physical death is the only way to reach God?

Where was your consciousness before it habits your body? What if it will keep its memories after you die?

What if everything is really an exam? What if religion is true?

Non-duality doesn't answer these metaphysical questions: "How do you know if you're experiencing God or someone else?" "What about before birth and after death?" "Will consciousness stay after we die?"

Non-duality only cares about the "NOW" which is not the same as religions do.

I don't know if what I said was related to your post. But these questions always give me insomnia.

P.S. I don't know if these questions are valid.

@Leo Gura @Shanmugam @Nahm any opinions on that guys?