Elton

The Interview

7 posts in this topic

just gave a final presentation for an interview , i'm working as an engineer for 5 months now got a really attractive offer for sales from another company , however the final round was not as per the companies expectation :-/ even though i have a job the pill of rejection is hard to swallow ... i just wish i break free from this 9-5 and do something on my own really soon...and earn a lot of money too ... have you guys ever dealt with rejection before ? i have had a lot of rejections in other areas of life like in dating and all and now in my career too; this sucks ! how do you deal with rejection people? 

4 hours ago, Elton said:

how do you deal with rejection people? 

Firstly, I don't see rejection as failure. That's the trap many people fall in to. 'Rejection' is just a label that we attach a negative value to.

It's a fact of life that things don't always work out. It doesn't mean anything bad. It just is what it is. What it is more than anything is experience.

Importantly look at each situation as a learning experience. There is always something to take away. Look at why you were unsuccessful. See what you can do next time around. At the very least you gained experience of the situation - be it an interview or whatever. That experience alone holds value because you can refer to it in the future.

I don't see things as 'rejections' or 'failures'. Everything is experience and has value. Even things that don't work out. Use the experience to improve yourself.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Failure/rejection doesn't exist, result does. That is one of main principles in NLP. You just keep going and learn from it.

On March 1, 2016 at 9:35 PM, Elton said:

@Niki what is nlp? 

NLP = Neuro Linguistic Programming. It's psychology. 

My only suggestion is this: reject rejection. 

There's something better out there for you. Learn to reject rejection. It'll make you a happier person. 

If you want more in depth info on how to reject rejection, read the success principles by jack Canfield. 

think of everything as going through a maze.. there is no wrong way. there is no rejection . You only learn what did not work.. Find out why it did not work and adjust constantly.. Get used to adjusting constantly..

Dont leave the maze at the first corner. its just a corner.. turn and keep walking..

There have been time when I have had a epiphany that there is no such thin as up or down or left or right or good or bad.. Its really taught me to not judge anything just take the information thats been given to you and adjust your course as required.. The universe really does have no prejudice.. It does not give a fuck how we label things..