Viking

people misunderstand me a lot

6 posts in this topic

i sometimes try to convey something but people take it the whole other way.

i think its due to my terrible talking/writing skills. also maybe because i dont talk often with people.

how do i improve? by talking more to people? lol if so, how do i do that?

the book : how to win friends and influence people from dale carnegie may help you and give you some insight about the approach to talk to people 

(great as audio on audible)

do you fully experience day to day what you are trying to convey to others?

Leo addresses this topic in 2 videos- video about communication skills, and jacques derridas deconstruction. 

According to deconstructionism, to understand the word  apple- you need to understand words surrounding that word apple, eg- fruit, pericarp, seed, angiosperm, dicotyledons. Another way to look at this , check the word apple in the dictionary, and there is a definition, and each word in that definition has another definition, more words , more words. An entire network of surrounds that word apple. Derrida says that to truely understand the word apple, you need to pull out each and every word in the English language and compare it's relationship with that particular word. This is precisely why misunderstanding happens because each individual has different relationships with the same idea or words. 

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Read more, write more, interact more. Practice makes perfect :)

It is also important to be the watcher at the same time when interacting with people and observe what information they are ready for. In time with practice and observation things sort themselves out. Meditation and conscious breathing and taking your time with communication helps quite a lot.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E