Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amadeusz

We are too much baby-leos and too little ourselves

20 posts in this topic

That's the thing I noticed on this forum. Maybe I'm wrong, just saying. I know it's hard not to mimic Leo, but that's very important for us to self actualize IMO. What do you think?

I think your better off on your own ??‍♂️ But until you think that to ?‍♀️

Edited by Faceless

"Let's say, even if true. If i thought this of you, you might think. How could you possibly know that? You cannot know that for certain."

Leo

It's not his quote, but my interpretation of what he would say. Does that qualify me?

Edited by MisterMan

Great insight.

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Truth = Light = Attraction to even those living in Darkness.

When one speaks truth and is authentic he/she is naturally emitting Light thus the inner-calling for truth overpowers everything else.

Its not that people want to be baby-leo its that people want to be authentic and an expression of truth and those who have this expression even if its a little leo thats only giving you 1% of truth is still much more powerful than a whole 100% of a beautiful illusion.

Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, be your own master :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

That’s an awesome insight.

You’re right, I’ve always been prone to imitating the good sides of people because I have trouble knowing how to behave myself.

Hopefully when I find my life purpose and keep meditating, I will become more and more authentic and find my own way

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

10 hours ago, Amadeusz said:

What do you think?

I stopped following Leo in 2016. I think some members here are wiser than Leo. I'm not going to name who. I think some things Leo says are absurd. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

Yep, Leo can be a 10/10 distraction so watch out. 

Memento Mori

14 hours ago, Amadeusz said:

That's the thing I noticed on this forum. Maybe I'm wrong, just saying. I know it's hard not to mimic Leo, but that's very important for us to self actualize IMO. What do you think?

I think there's not that much wrong with mimicking the people you admire. 

I also think if you observe this in yourself you could study other teachers for a while. 

Concentrate only on what resonates/helps the most in any teaching you hear and disregard the rest.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:39 AM, Dragallur said:

Can you give an example?

It's not anything specific Leo says but the overall vibe he puts out. If you pay attention to his specific comments, there is truth in them. If you see the overall vibe he puts out, there are flaws in that. The overall vibe I get from him is this:

He puts enlightened people on a pedestal and sees egoic people as losers. He puts psychedelics on a pedestal. He implies you must attain enlightenment at any cost otherwise you are a loser. He thinks the ego is the cause of all the problems in the world. It's like he's trying to distinguish himself as a leader from the unconscious masses. They're losers because they don't know they're God. 

In this thread Leo puts Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on a pedestal: 

In another thread he put Sadhguru on a pedestal. In this thread he says enlightened masters might have different brain chemistry: 

That might be true but we don't know why certain people attain enlightenment faster. There I responded to him saying some people practice yoga/meditation more rigorously. 

In my opinion, enlightenment is about embracing everything not about removing ego. Leo doesn't seem like he's at peace with the world unless he's on 5-Meo. In other instances Leo says science is an inferior way of studying reality than spirituality. To me it seems like he's coming from a place of separation and not love. I acknowledge there are problems in the world but the ego is not the cause. The cause is God. The body, mind, and ego are all God, there is no separation. It's God who's creating problems and God is solving them. 

I could talk about more things but I haven't been following Leo very closely. I could be wrong about my judgments. Those are things I realized by staying away from actualized.org. 

Edited by Deep
grammatical error

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Deep brilliant answer, it’s refreshing to see someone point out Leo’s flaws rather than make out like he’s never in the wrong.

i really enjoy his videos and insights, they have helped me realise stuff I never would of thought of myself. But he does seem a bit detached from the world and maybe slightly negative about how the world works, but it is what it is...

i too know that the world can be an ugly place but there are so many things about it that are out of our control, I just let it all go and generally feel better for not overthinking it.

lifes way too short as it is, I think we should enjoy it without taking enlightenment or ego or anything along them lines too seriously...

I have caught myself doing that at times when I've tried taking mental shortcuts, and then end up repeating concepts word for word. In general I like to not question too much when listening to someone lecture about [any given topic] in order to stay openminded and see how it fits together. Then afterwards I try to see how it holds up in the world. What everyday situations does it apply too, what parts doesn't seem to make to much sense at all, how does it relate to other things that I know etc etc

I think ideas need some time to be baked in the head, if you just see someone say something cool and get impressed you will sound like an exact copy of the person that said it because you understood it shallowly. At least that is my experience with myself.

Classic messiah complex :ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Deep Thank you for your insights. I think it's wise to recognize the flaws and limitations in whoever you happen to follow. It helps to put their message in a context and know how to apply the wisdom they provide. I personally wish Leo himself would talk more about his own limitations, to help us make wiser decisions about the messages.

For example, in his latest video, Leo said that the path to enlightenment/self-actualization will look different for every person. Depending on their personality different things will resonate. And that his perspective is just one of the many.

Having heard that, I found myself headdesking, because how come I never realized that before?! Now I know why I'm not having progress in this particular area in my life, and why I had huge progress in that other area. I wish I had tools to desipher what techniques really work and resonate with me and which are a dead end.

Not to say that I don't follow other people apart from Leo. I do. But I find it difficult to understand how it all fits together, and there's SO much material! And most of it is just dead ends.

6 hours ago, Deep said:

It's not anything specific Leo says but the overall vibe he puts out. If you pay attention to his specific comments, there is truth in them. If you see the overall vibe he puts out, there are flaws in that. The overall vibe I get from him is this:

He puts enlightened people on a pedestal and sees egoic people as losers. He puts psychedelics on a pedestal. He implies you must attain enlightenment at any cost otherwise you are a loser. He thinks the ego is the cause of all the problems in the world. It's like he's trying to distinguish himself as a leader from the unconscious masses. They're losers because they don't know they're God. 

In this thread Leo puts Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on a pedestal: 

In another thread he put Sadhguru on a pedestal. In this thread he says enlightened masters might have different brain chemistry: 

That might be true but we don't know why certain people attain enlightenment faster. There I responded to him saying some people practice yoga/meditation more rigorously. 

In my opinion, enlightenment is about embracing everything not about removing ego. Leo doesn't seem like he's at peace with the world unless he's on 5-Meo. In other instances Leo says science is an inferior way of studying reality than spirituality. To me it seems like he's coming from a place of separation and not love. I acknowledge there are problems in the world but the ego is not the cause. The cause is God. The body, mind, and ego are all God, there is no separation. It's God who's creating problems and God is solving them. 

I could talk about more things but I haven't been following Leo very closely. I could be wrong about my judgments. Those are things I realized by staying away from actualized.org. 

Don't you think you're projecting a little? God damn there is a lot of that on this forum.  A lot of strange loops too.