sarapr

Thoughts don't come from mind

29 posts in this topic

You probably know this if you're more experienced in mindfulness work but I'm very excited to have realized this. Each time I was meditating I would assume my thoughts were taking place in my skull because Leo kept saying it but all of a sudden I felt the location of my thoughts. They were taking place in my mouth and throat just the places I use for talking . That was huge realization.

hi sarapr… wonderful! But just keep watching, and watching, and watching~ because it's not just the whole body that resonates according to conditions.

What it is has no particular location. You'll see as you keep watching the thinking compulsion.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

@sarapr You Have Not Understood How the Mind Utilizes You. What You Are Looking For Is This. How To Be Free While Mind Is Active. How To Utilize The Intellect Properly. 

Very interesting :)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Haha, I find so much humor in this and there are too many jokes that could be made but I will just leave it be.... thanks for the chuckle though. haha.

Sorry but when I observe where thoughts come from I always feel like they are right behind the area behind my eyes inside my head not my mouth or anywhere else no matter what happens it's always from around that area

Edited by BjarkeT

3 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

Sorry but when I observe where thoughts come from I always feel like they are right behind the area behind my eyes inside my head not my mouth or anywhere else 

And where did the thought about where your head is come from? A belief?

37 minutes ago, dorg said:

And where did the thought about where your head is come from? A belief?

What do you mean? Everything I observe (even when i am not basing it on any perspective except pure observation or actually try to convince my self otherwise it still hapens in the mind when i leave it to observation) everything thats happening in the mind does happen in the mind(imagination, thinking etc) not anywhere else belief also happens in the mind 

4 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

What do you mean? Everything I observe (even when i am not basing it on any perspective except pure observation or actually try to convince my self otherwise it still hapens in the mind when i leave it to observation) everything thats happening in the mind does happen in the mind(imagination, thinking etc) not anywhere else belief also happens in the mind 

I just asked some questions.

So you are saying that everything happens in the mind? Even things/events that are apparently outside the mind? Is there an inside and outside of mind or is this all in mind?

11 minutes ago, dorg said:

I just asked some questions.

So you are saying that everything happens in the mind? Even things/events that are apparently outside the mind? Is there an inside and outside of mind or is this all in mind?

Nope that wasn't what i said at all i said that everything that happen in the mind (this does not include things outside the mind like other people living in the otherside of the world but things like thought, imagination etc does) happens in the mind compeard to it happening in other places 

Edited by BjarkeT

@SOUL I don't know and can't be sure right now where thoughts come from, the brain or else where I just don't know for sure but the feeling I get when I'm thinking is the feeling I get when I'm talking . The feeling of thoughts occur in that area as I've noticed it. 

Have you ever wondered why people and specially poets is the past have always believed thoughts come from the heart until science stepped in and said oh no wait they come from the brain. so how could they actually think that thoughts and reasoning and all the other abilities of the mind come from their hearts . how could it be? thoughts come from where ever you imagine it to be, you can literally imagine it anywhere and that would feel true if you're imagining it in the wrong place.

and for imaginations and imagery thoughts I realized they occur in my visual field where I would normally see them feels exactly like using my eyes and again not really felt anything in the back of my eyes, in the skull.

@sarapr

You don’t think thought comes from memory? 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

@sarapr

You don’t think thought comes from memory? 

Maybe but I can't be sure can I?

The feeling of it definitely doesn't come from memory that I know. because where is my memory I can't feel that.

@sarapr

There’s sensory feeling. Seeing, touch, smell and so on..There’s the feeling of emotion when thought identifies with a certain censation. And creates an image of the self in relation to that image. It’s all one process. 

Process is ..Sensation, contact, thought/image, desire. 

You can find out for sure to by the way. Just got to investigate the nature and process of thought. There’s also a very very interesting surprise in that inquiry. 

Edited by Faceless

@saraprGo about it like this..if your didn’t have memory could you think? 

If you didn’t have any knowledge of any kind could you think? 

If you could not experience could you think? 

If you didn’t have these would there even be a you?

Edited by Faceless

Thoughts are energy, they come from consciousness. Everything is energy, everything is consciousness.

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, sarapr said:

@SOUL I don't know and can't be sure right now where thoughts come from, the brain or else where I just don't know for sure but the feeling I get when I'm thinking is the feeling I get when I'm talking . The feeling of thoughts occur in that area as I've noticed it. 

Have you ever wondered why people and specially poets is the past have always believed thoughts come from the heart until science stepped in and said oh no wait they come from the brain. so how could they actually think that thoughts and reasoning and all the other abilities of the mind come from their hearts . how could it be? thoughts come from where ever you imagine it to be, you can literally imagine it anywhere and that would feel true if you're imagining it in the wrong place.

and for imaginations and imagery thoughts I realized they occur in my visual field where I would normally see them feels exactly like using my eyes and again not really felt anything in the back of my eyes, in the skull.

Here is something to consider: We have a gut biome and these microorganisms are alive in us, they live in the environment of our digestive tract, they are supported by the food we eat and from the conditions that exist in our gut.

These microorganisms are of many varieties and they prefer different diets of nutrients and molecules that we could potentially ingest. Some like one thing, another likes something else and the particular foods we eat provide actually influences which ones can survive and flourish in our gut.

So let's say we eat alot of empty simple carbs and processed sugars but don't eat greens like broccoli and spinach. The boime that we have created in our gut feeds on sugars and that's what it needs to survive of which greens has little to none so if we don't eat the food that gives what it needs it's going to die out.

These tens to hundreds of billions of microorganisms all are at the dinner table waiting for the vittles but we eat a salad and they look at the nutrients wft is this crap? They start getting 'upset' and sending out signals like we need to eat or we will die! These signals make their way up to our amygdala and in response to them it effects our mood.

In addition to creating emotional impulse it also creates craving impulses and we crave a donut or candy bar. We can't think of anything else except that craving even though we are eating a salad and fill up our stomach full of the greens. We don't feel fulfilled by the food we just ate and we impulsively still want to eat more and specifically the stuff that becomes a sugary meal for the biome.

I ask you.... where did the thought to eat that sugary food come from?

In this light consider where does the urge to have sexual relations come from?

If we stub our toe where does the "ouch that hurt" thought come from?

We are a whole body being and sensations are all throughout it but yes our brain is a grand central station of sensation.

Though does every 'passenger' in the station originate there?

Hm......hehe.