NoSelfSelf

Idea of a good life

11 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about the idea of a good life,what does it takes to have a great life?I wrote my top 10 values and made a vision (big) but still it doesnt inspire me it seems like nothing can fill that ideal no matter if i have millions of dollars crazy experiences great people and girlfriend or help the world it doesnt attract me when i walk the streets i hate to see all the marketin ads and i ask myself is this life? it cant be Mybe i except too much and sitting alone in a room staring at a wall is more interesting haha does anyone feel the same or can point me with their perspective to make it more clear?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Yes I feel the exact same way sometimes. Sometimes it feels like being higher consciousness isn't worth it because you realize how shallow everything is. I guess that interacting with like-minded individuals helps. Otherwise I don't know

27 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

I've been thinking about the idea of a good life,what does it takes to have a great life?

No one can answer that for you, because all of the answers will be given from a subjective perspective. Even the answers that you yourself will give to this question are flawed to a degree, because they are based on second hand experiences from your past environment, parents, society etc. 

You yourself don't even know whats good for you, because what you think is good for you is just ego at work. 

In the end what you do every second of the day is perfectly good and right for that moment. Whether it will be yelling at random people or drawing a nice painting, there is no real difference, because everything is consciousness at work, and reality is never wrong.

15 minutes ago, Cepzeu said:

being higher consciousness isn't worth it because you realize how shallow everything is.

This is just an ego projection that's trying to claim what being in higher consciousness is like, but it will never know that, because it won't be there. 

Have you actually found your values? How did you find them? Did you dig deep? To me it seems like the things you mentioned (girlfriend, millions of dollars, great experiences) are pretty much the things everyone is going for. They don't represent your true nature, they are just things that are considered good by society. I also know that these things tend to not be very motivating. What is it that you really want? Deep inside you. 
Another thing could be that you simply don't see the connection between your goals and your everyday actions. In this case, maybe you could try visualizing your goals more or asking yourself every day how exactly you are going towards these goals with your work/actions. 

Though, I think that the ideal will never be completely met. The ideal is only there to pull you out of bed. Reaching your goals may improve your life but I don't think they will make it perfect. Be aware of that. 

38 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

it seems like nothing can fill that ideal no matter

That's because it can't. Not in the way most people think at least.

When you're in a low-vibration, ego-based paradigm of the world, rearranging the external can't ultimately bring happiness because you're not addressing the cause.

The cause is you being out of touch with your own Godliness. 

At the end of the day we are just like animals, but we have evolved by using our brains to better our species. But our sole aim in life is to be born, reproduce and die. All the stuff we see nowadays with marketing ads in the city is superficial and really it's just people trying to make a living by advertising their goods, so that they can have a good life and provide for their family. Much like the hunter of old who killed their prey to provide food for their family.

Unfortunately we have no choice in living this life, so we better make the most of it because you only get one life.

@Cepzeu It's hard to find them face to face :D@Psyche_92 I can't answer that queastion its like an ideal to make you work towards it, anything i think of its not it @Damir Elezi I mentioned that like a example anything you give me or tell me to do wont make me inspired anymore i dig dip every day i sit with myself,idea of extraordinary life (to make it you have to want something its a cycle of wanting which i dont have anymore)@aurum i know that but it seems you dont live to the fullest if you siting in a  room enjoying beingness@nomish if our sole purpose is to be born,reproduce and die then there is no shock that lots of people are depressed...how to get the most of it? when nothing can bring you that good life(for me as of now)

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

2 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

I've been thinking about the idea of a good life,what does it takes to have a great life?I wrote my top 10 values and made a vision (big) but still it doesnt inspire me it seems like nothing can fill that ideal no matter if i have millions of dollars crazy experiences great people and girlfriend or help the world it doesnt attract me when i walk the streets i hate to see all the marketin ads and i ask myself is this life? it cant be Mybe i except too much and sitting alone in a room staring at a wall is more interesting haha does anyone feel the same or can point me with their perspective to make it more clear?

It can be tricky af, because every life is so far beyond a ‘good life’. Every life is a perfect life.        But, we think. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I think i know where are you coming from but still i think there is something more to it and im not conciouss of it...

It's you.

Now fight.

On 28/01/2018 at 1:53 PM, NoSelfSelf said:

@Cepzeu It's hard to find them face to face :D@Psyche_92 I can't answer that queastion its like an ideal to make you work towards it, anything i think of its not it @Damir Elezi I mentioned that like a example anything you give me or tell me to do wont make me inspired anymore i dig dip every day i sit with myself,idea of extraordinary life (to make it you have to want something its a cycle of wanting which i dont have anymore)@aurum i know that but it seems you dont live to the fullest if you siting in a  room enjoying beingness@nomish if our sole purpose is to be born,reproduce and die then there is no shock that lots of people are depressed...how to get the most of it? when nothing can bring you that good life(for me as of now)

But it is true in a simplistic form. I am not saying that there is not more to life than that as there is clearly alot more. But Humans have a tendency to feel that they have some higher purpose in life. Fact of the better is that no one will remember my Grandad when I die or will remember me when my immediate family dies.

Also what is a good life? The beliefs of a good life instilled into you by your culture, family and friends?