Cameron

Dictionary Paradox

12 posts in this topic

I’ve been letting myself be as natural and as authentic as possible and I’ve found myself doing a lot of geometric drawings. Sacred geometry I believe it’s called. I don’t really care about the names of things. But the picture I’ve been drawing has an interesting property.

"All nodes have a line to all other nodes" [Figure 1]

Every single one of those points has a straight line drawn to every other point. It’s a picture of 100% subjectivity. None of the points are absolute. They aren’t in some absolute place or in some absolute way. Points or nodes are only defined in relation to other points or nodes. Nothing has its own inherent meaning. We must have more than one point if we want meaning or we'l have nothing to talk about. Interesting. Then I started seeing this everywhere. I started thinking about words and meaning. So I looked them up in the dictionary. (Thanks for the tip Leo) I very quickly realized that words behave in the exact same way as I’ve just described. Imagine each point is a word. A word has no meaning by itself. A word only has meaning when we have other words to describe it's meaning. If you think about what a dictionary is. It’s a book of words. Find any word in a dictionary and what gives you it's meaning? More words. Ok so what is a word? [Figure 2] Says it has meaning. Ok so what is meaning. [Figure 2] Apparently, it’s what’s meant by a word. This is completely circular! I was actually amazed to find it circle back so quickly. It is one to one. I was thinking something like the tenth word I look up is defined by the original. Nope! Word is meaning and meaning is word! Found more too. What is true? [Figure 3] In accordance with fact. Ok so what is a fact? [Figure 3] It’s something that is true. Try this. Let’s insert the fact dictionary meaning into the dictionary meaning of True and see how it sounds. True: In accordance with a thing that is known to be true. People would laugh at you if you always defined things from itself. Like you can't just say something is true because it's true? That’s how it is though. All meaning is like this. Nothing has meaning like we think it does.

Everything is 100% subjective and that's the only thing that is true...

jggg.png

Meaning.jpg

True Fact.png

Ok so your conclusion is that everything is 100% subjective. But how then, can I know, what you mean when you speak or write? Surely, if everything would be totally subjective, I would only see total gibberish on my computer screen when you try to communicate something. Gibberish which would only make sense to you.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

You are making sense of what I'm saying because you believe in similar distinctions to me. Language is a collection of distinctions which are learn-able. You went to school and learnt that words mean things. You believed in it because well, your parents sent you to this school place, and you thought to yourself "This must be what I'm meant to be doing". Teachers were also helping you learn what things mean. Plus you're friends and others around you seemed to be doing the same thing. So without knowing better, you believed that distinctions are real and make complete sense. They make sense only in relation to themselves. Words are defined by words. Meaning is defined by more meaning. We communicate using a system that is completely made up. Has no ground and is created out of nothing. Contains meaning within it only because we believe it does. We forget it's grounded in nothing.

Edited by Cameron

@Cameron Yup, indeed that's how language is. But not just language, the fabric of reality itself.

Did you see my Derrida video? Def check it out if you haven't. It's about this.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/16/2016 at 4:17 PM, @Leo Gura said:

Your realize in an instant that all of life and physical reality is just a dream.

@cetus56When I was little sometimes reality would suddenly become one fabric with a texture to it. Not to the touch but I would just see it that way but not as the eyes see it either. That experience would have a very surreal feeling to it. It wasn't a bad feeling, just very different.  Maybe that childhood memory has some real truth to it. Do you ever perceive reality as being one fabric?

@Leo Gura Yeah I have seen it. And yeah I do understand reality itself is like this. I've got a clear picture in my head about how this all fits together. But I only understand it in my head. Haven't integrated it. I'm not including myself in it. Similar to what you say at the end of the Strange Loop video. About getting rid of the background and including yourself. I'm looking at this as if it's outside of me still. So more mastery needed. But hey! It's a journey :)

PS. Would love to see you on the Joe Rogan Podcast. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you get on the show if it's something you wish to do. Always here for you :)

@Cameron Hi Friend, 

You Are Very Intelligent. That Is Absolutely Correct. That Is Why You Start Reading With Awareness And Cognizance From Now On. Don't Make Interpretations Based On Worldy Definitions. They Are Very Distracting And Divisive. Take Note Of Your Whole-listic Understanding In The Subtle Fabric Of Your Thought. It will Feel Whole But You Can't Make Out Anything Of It. Learn The Atomic-Language.

Good Luck.

RIN. RIN. RIN.

Imagine if you made a dictionary from a OneNote document. You have a separate page for every single word. Each page has it's own word and it's dictionary meaning on it.  And every word in the dictionary meaning is hyperlinked back to the original words page. You'd have a never ending, perfectly self contained system which you can infinitely add to and the underlining principle remains exactly the same.

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

@Leo Gura Yeah I have seen it. And yeah I do understand reality itself is like this. I've got a clear picture in my head about how this all fits together. But I only understand it in my head. Haven't integrated it. I'm not including myself in it. Similar to what you say at the end of the Strange Loop video. About getting rid of the background and including yourself. I'm looking at this as if it's outside of me still. So more mastery needed. But hey! It's a journey :)

PS. Would love to see you on the Joe Rogan Podcast. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you get on the show if it's something you wish to do. Always here for you :)

You're in for one hell of an epiphany! Excited for you to finally see it :)

Sure, I'd enjoy being on Joe's podcast. I don't think he knows who I am though and I bet he gets a ton of requests. If you guys wanna let him know, that would be cool. Twitter is probably the best way to reach him. I think we'd have a great conversion about consciousness and psychedelics and stuff like that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Nice :) I came to this realisation myself some time back but didn't give it much attention, but really, isn't language just another creation? A mental construction? It seems that it should be obvious when it really is not. Interesting what the human mind is capable of; and sad how the majority of us simply abuse it.

P.S. love the geometry diagram. Thank you for sharing. 

12 hours ago, vizual said:

Ok so your conclusion is that everything is 100% subjective. But how then, can I know, what you mean when you speak or write? Surely, if everything would be totally subjective, I would only see total gibberish on my computer screen when you try to communicate something. Gibberish which would only make sense to you.

It is just a thought that you know what someone else means. It’s an assumption which perpetuates an illusion.  None of us know what anyone else means. We know what we think they mean, based on the meanings we hold. Hope this helps, if you know what i mean. Another entry point to this, is consider, if we did actually know what someone else means, we would have no words. It’s a subtle thing, but can crack open a big piece of the puzzle.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Vaishnavi Language isnt grounded in anything but it’s deceptively useful. It’s almost impossible to fault. I’m using it right now. It’s great! But “the minute I want to know what Everything Means, The Nature of Reality”, I can’t just assume I’ll be able to work that out using everyday stuff within reality. Language, Science, Religion, Culture. You can’t just go grab your favourite measuring stick and start working reality out. Measuring something, is just more something! Therefore a part of reality. You can’t ever jump outside reality, as if you’re not a part of reality, pull out your favourite measuring stick as if that’s also not a part of reality and just measure reality. Done! The equation is this x=xyz! Worked it out!

You actually have to BE reality to “work it out”.

There is a reason I put “work it out” in quotations marks but language won’t ever probably explain why I did that, so I’ll leave that one for your “intuition”. Oops I did it again...