Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beaucoup

Just a bunch of concepts

3 posts in this topic

So, this is just meant to be a list of things that we kinda tend to believe in, even though they are merely fictional concepts we have agreed upon. 

In my experience, defragmenting those kind of concepts can be very useful to become more aware of the illusory nature of thoughts in general.

So I just thought i'd compile it real quick and I would be very interested in what kind of illusions you come up with that you have personally seen through.  Let's go:

• seconds, minutes, hours, days and years: we seem to live by these ideas, for exmaple in the year 2018, yet they are just thoughts. 
  • countries and cities: for example, what is New York City? well, it doesn't actually exist, just a name we give to a collection of consistent appearances. 
  • friendships, relationships, marriage and family: i suppose a marriage can feel very real when you're in it, but these are quite obviously just agreements. 
  • the spiritual path: being on it can easily become a part of ones idendity, yet it's basically just memories and visions of the future put in a larger context. 
  • objects like cars, trees etc.: what is a car? is it its pieces, its motor? is it the whole thing? if so, seen from with perspective? basically, also just a concept. 
  • personality: ones personality is really just an idea of being something stable and somewhat real, when in reality there is only behavior. 
  • other people/egos: this is one i've just theoretically seen through, but it's very interesting how everytime you see a human being your mind immediately creates some kind of concept to represent this being, and you usually equip this imaginary entity with some kind of responsibility. 
  • songs, books, movies: each of those is basically something that does not exist in the entirity that we attribute to it. 

This list could probably be as long as a dictionary, but I hope that this was intersting and insightful for some of you. :)

Who is it that has seen through these concepts? You?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Personality/Ego is the same thing

you started a list, but you don't expect this list to become infinitely expandable, try everything then try this concept 'top>down' method.

all of it's a concept, even your concept of the concept.