Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoSelfSelf

Opening chakras

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience with opening chakras? What did you do?What changes you saw? Whats the best practical places you can study them?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

45 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Does anyone have experience with opening chakras? What did you do?What changes you saw? Whats the best practical places you can study them?

Watch both of these videos for advantage of opening chakras.

Leo’s book list has some practical books which show you how to use yoga for enlightenment and opening chakras. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Thank you did you open some chakras see any changes?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

2 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@How to be wise Thank you did you open some chakras see any changes?

I’ve been doing kriya yoga for around two months. The goal is not to ‘open’ any chakras. 

Basically, there is an energy called Kundalini which is trapped in the muladhara chakra for most people. The goal of Kriya yoga is to return that energy to the sahasrara chakra. That requires opening the chakras so that the kundalini can travel through them to the sahasrara chakra. When that happens, you will get full enlightenment (sahaja samadhi), and you will be feeling blissful and ecstatic every moment of your life. You will gain 100% emotional mastery and wisdom over everything. That is where we kriyabans are aiming for. 

As for changes, I’m already feeling a sense of peace and calmness around my body which was definetly not there before. That’ because I’ve started to open my bhrumadhya chakra. Once the bhrumadhya chakra is fully open, you will feel very peaceful. 

In order to return my energy to sahasrara, I’m looking at years of yoga. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Still you have to open them and how you know its truly open so you dont mess up kundalini awakening?

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf It depends on what kind of yoga you’re doing. I’m practicing kriya yoga, and in there the sign that a chakra opens is that you will see the light of kutastha when they open. As for what the light of kutastha is, I can’t explain here. It’s quite technical. 

2 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@How to be wise Still you have to open them and how you know its truly open so you dont mess up kundalini awakening?

Kriya yoga is a comprehensive system that is designed to gradually open all the chakras with the end-goal of opening the crown.

If you do the practice, you shouldn't need to worry about each individual chakra. Although you could do additional visualization techniques to fix up any lagging chakras.

I like visualizing opening the heart chakra. It feels great. See kundalini book in my book list for more ideas about how to do that. See Kriya yoga book in my book list for a set of step-by-step instructions for Kriya practice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is it safe to raise kundalini energy after you get enlightened assuming you cleared all other chakras with it(mybe stupid assumption)

It's you.

Now fight.

I don't know.

I don't see people raising kundalini after enlightenment. That's something people usually do before hand.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't know.

I don't see people raising kundalini after enlightenment. That's something people usually do before hand.

Yep @NoSelfSelf there isn't much a point after enlightenment as far as I can tell. Maybe if you wanna open the other chakras besides your crown, in the case you used a different method for enlightenment, kundalini is one viable option. But if you've cleared/opened all the other chakras with kundalini your crown is probably open and you're enlightened.

Edited by Markus

As a rule of thumb, opening the third eye chakra is for acquiring siddhis, not becoming enlightened.

If siddhis aren’t part of your paradigm, or even if they are, i would not recommend chasing them in  the least. Actually I highly recommend not chasing them. Chasing spiritual powers can make you lose your mind, literally. And , it’ll distract you from waking tf up. 

I don’t know about the other chakras.

Edited by Will Bigger

What are chakras relating to your actual experience of reality?  I've always kind of seen them as just another belief that could potentially limit your growth.  For example, like I can't feel the feelings related to the heart chakra until I believe it's open.  

I'm totally ignorant about this stuff.  Like what does the actual chakra feel like?  

6 hours ago, Salvijus said:

trying to activate the Kundalini because you read a book somewhere is like starting to build a nuclear reactor in your home because you read how to do it on the internet. If you crack this energy open and you cannot contain it, it can destroy your whole system in no time.

http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/yoga-meditation/demystifying-yoga/kundalini-awakening/

Except there is a difference between reading "a book" and practicing Kriya yoga as taught via a book.

Sadhguru basically teaches his own form of Kriya yoga.

I find it ironic that every yoga lineage tells you to strictly obey their school's practice without any deviation. And yet, there are hundreds of these lineages, all with their own arbitrary variations on the same core techniques.

So how much of it is genuinely for your safety, and how much of it is them trying to save their own asses by creating a monopoly on spirituality?

It's not really in their interest to say, "Yeah, you can tinker around with this stuff without us."

With that said, yes, I do believe there are dangers to awakening your kundalini without knowing what you're doing. So if you're gonna do it, learn about nuclear physics ;)

I feel way better energetically when i did open my chakra.  The most important chakra to open is the heart so what you do visualize youe body hallow and full of brilliant bright white light. Now visualize an enitiy or higher power in front of you surrouned by divine light as you do that visualize briiant light coming from the divine being going tp your heart chakra. You are going to feel a sensation on your chest area and try to do it as conscious and with full awareness and surrender. Keep doing this until you feel like your hearr chakra has been fully open. It takes months or days depending on your commitment to it