Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herghly

Next month attending my first 10 day vipasanna meditation retreat

13 posts in this topic

I've been mediating now for roughly 2 years and also have had handful of psychedelic experiences 

I mediate daily but I'm still nervous for this 10 day retreats , it's 10 days no speaking just basically mediating all day . 

Any advice from those of you who have attrended a retreat before ?

just enjoy! I loved the non-speaking part. I have to say that I attenden Vipassana with close to none meditation experience so it was by far the hardest thing I have ever done! There was so much pain because of my monkey mind. However, as an experienced meditator you'll find it easier.

I am just worried, 10 days is a long time! specially no talking.

I'm sure it will be highly beneficial, im just feeling nervous

Thank you both for replying 

9 hours ago, Outer said:

Use only one pillow to sit on for the meditation, otherwise you'll start building a castle to sit on and distract, there will be pain but just focus on the meditation instructions, that's the most important tip I can give.

This is something I'm worried about , not sure if I can sit on the a pillow for long hours. During my daily meditation I always sit on a chair 

@herghly Hmm prepare to get your back in torture! But! If you do the technique correctly you will be fine. Have a strong mind, and prepare to let it all go. 

Hhaha okay.. I'm actually worried I don't have the flexibility to sit cross leggged on the ground for long periods of time 

how did you guys deal with it ?

If you are lucky enough to enter samadhi, you won’t need to worry about seating positions. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said that when he entered samadhi, he would sit in the same place without moving for weeks on end. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Outer Nobody came to him. He sat there for around 2-3 weeks in meditation. No food or water. No sleep. 

It’s possible trust me. Especially for someone like him. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

I don't trust you and I don't think it's possible. There's no evidence for that. For that long without water your blood will have all of its water sucked out and you'll feel like shit as you're almost passing out from the blood not reaching the brain. He'll lay on the floor so the blood doesn't have to fight gravity to reach the brain.

I don't mention the lack of food but you'll be fucking weak as fuck. Let's talk about him pissing his pants and shitting himself (unless he is constipated as fuck.. that'll be fun later.. 2-3 weeks and you might almost die from the shit clogging up your system)

Actually it was the opposite. He got back up full of energy and vitality, and he clearly didn’t shit himself. You’re underestimating that man.