Jedd

Tattoos and Life Purpose

15 posts in this topic

So I think about tattoos somewhat obsessively throughout the day. I haven't got any tattoos yet but I feel like I have a plan to tattoo my body pretty much everywhere you can think even with some small work on my face. This has developed over the last 6 years and although I've finished the LP course and came up with strength training as my zone of genius I want to help people to become happy with myself. I'm only 19 and really lack the life experience but am thinking of tattoos as being a bad thing maybe due to what other people think. Tattoos inspire me and although I lack money I should probably go and get a tattoo. I'm going on a bit of a rant here but like getting exposed tattoos kinda scare me and so does the fact I've had a skin cancer cut out so if I got tattooed it mightn't pick up a melanoma which my nan actually died from last year. I'm kind of just putting this out there to see if anybody can relate to this and just want to get to the truth of these thoughts or could this even be my purpose...?

In my trip to Thailand, I say more tattooed monks than un-tattooed ones!!

That is a real eye opener I feel tattoos have a place within my life purpose but maybe indirectly thank you @Sinz

@Jedd As one that has tattoos in my chest, back, etc i will tell you that after a few months you do them your eye get used to them and are like they do not exist. The only problem i see is the lack of money, do not press yourself to have them now, have them when will be natural and effortless from resources, you have more important things to worry now than gather money for this i think. Also consider tattoos not be visible, if there are it is a thing that may cause you problem in the long term and feel discomfort. As for the skin cancer i think you should avoid the area that you had it and please consider a doctor advice before tattoo yourself. Wish you the best!

I have the tops of my feet tattooed, left half unfinished sleeve from the wrist to elbow, left calf/shin sleeve. I have a corp job, my only advice, don't get anything you can't cover up right now, especially at age 19. You have a long working career ahead of you, and tattoos are becoming more accepted in the work environments. Just make sure you don't lock the doors before even opening them. And since you've had a possible skin cancer scare, it will make detection of skin abnormalities more difficult. Some things to keep in mind.

Okay so my tastes have matured even in the last month in what I want and am now thinking of getting my back,chest and sleeves done. I'm quite a perfectionist so I will save to get them done by a quality professional and think I'll choose black & grey tattoos for a more classic look. 

Does anyone else think about tattoos regularly on a daily basis if so do you have tattoos or are you a tattoo virgin like myself?

On 3/28/2018 at 8:18 PM, Jedd said:

Does anyone else think about tattoos regularly on a daily basis if so do you have tattoos or are you a tattoo virgin like myself?

I am a tattoo virgin but I want to get tattoos that express high consciousness values: wisdom, unconditional love, etc.

What tattoos do you want to get?

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

I thought having tattoos would give me more courage, determination, as a reminder marked in my body. I have my full chest and arm tattooed. Nothing changes. There's no difference between having tattoos or not.

@Jedd Careful with tattoos. They're mostly just an ego thing. A self-image thing. A monkey-see-monkey-do thing.

Learn to love yourself as you are first.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 30/03/2018 at 6:29 PM, Robert said:

I am a tattoo virgin but I want to get tattoos that express high consciousness values: wisdom, unconditional love, etc.

What tattoos do you want to get?

@Robert I had a vision whilst taking the life purpose course to get a compass, ship, lighthouse and sailor on my arm. I source this as being reasonably genuine considering my Impact statement was to help people to become happy with the way they look through strength training. I had this vision of myself reaching out with this tattooed on my arm whilst shaking the hand of the owner of the gym I train at. My vision board also Involved people with tattoos and have been interested in other tattoos such as eyes, buddhas, zen ensos and lanterns which I deem to be somewhat spiritually significant.

On 30/03/2018 at 10:07 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Jedd Careful with tattoos. They're mostly just an ego thing. A self-image thing. A monkey-see-monkey-do thing.

Learn to love yourself as you are first.

@Leo Gura Amazing you say that because I guess some of my ideas have been monkey-see-monkey-do but I've never wanted those as much as ones that have significant meaning in my life such as life purpose inspired tattoos or those of a spiritual significance. I guess the reason I want tattoos is for self expression and as a tool for story telling so I can leave behind some kind of mark. I just have such a deep curiosity for them which I found to be my greatest strength in the life purpose course.

@Jedd Follow your bliss. If you really want the tattoos, get them. Express yourself. :)

One tattoo I'm thinking about getting is a sword on my right arm. I think it'll help me remind myself that I'm a warrior on the hero's journey. Especially since writing is 80% of the work for my LP, it would be really convenient to just look right down at my arm for inspiration.

The only thing I don't think is good about what you said is using tattoos as a tool for storytelling. There are certain stories that only the ego wants to tell, so be careful.

But that's not an insult to storytellers. Storytelling is my domain of mastery for my LP, so you can trust me. lol

I love storytelling. <3

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

I've always felt them as impurities

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

@Jedd  You got no muuuneeeyy.....tatoos is not your priority....money is.

Maybe you should cover your basic needs and security before starting to paint yourself?

Tatoos is not a purpose. They are just ink.

Why do you not know this?

I am confused. I meet alot of broke deptridden cheaply tatooed people who looks like bums and cannot get a job.

They fail basic math, dont spend more than you earn.

I sometimes wonder what those tatoos really means.