tecladocasio

fake enlightment ( leo's video )

15 posts in this topic

Hater alert ;)

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@tecladocasio Because you can litteraly feel the authenticity shining through the entire video.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@tecladocasio I think he can make a distinction of what is real enlightenment or not. He obviously have taken quite a bit of psychadelics before without claiming to be enlightened. But I can't know if he is or not. Neither can you. Whatever.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@tecladocasio I can't be sure that it is, but either way he seems really happy by what he has uncovered so it will have value to him and maybe to others.

How are you so sure that it isn't?

If it's not a constant, it's not enlightenment. Experiences are just experiences.
Thoughts about what enlightenment is don't really exist per se. It's like a recognition.
I'm aware Leo is playing a role where he's attempting to describe things, but in many cases that will get in the way for others and lead the person describing into further narratives of their own enlightened self - even when it says to itself, it can't get enlightened.
There's a nice Taoist saying,
“Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know.” ― Lao Tzu, Tao Teh Ching

Which mean, yep, by being here i’m losing something and gaining something else. 

Just so we don't get into a debate over this it's getting locked. @tecladocasio gave their point of view. Enough said.