Deep

My experience with anesthesia

12 posts in this topic

A few years ago, I got my wisdom teeth removed. The surgeon gave me an anesthetic. While I was unconscious, there was no body, no mind, no world, no time, no space, just absolute nothingness. I wasn't aware of anything but I didn't die. All of our experience right now is a fantasy. The same thing can be experienced if one succeeds in meditation. From that experience, I concluded that the body, mind, and consciousness work together in an INFINITELY complex manner. It's so complex that we can't understand it through our mind. I'm not going to try to figure it out because that would lead to mental masturbation. 

People who say we are the body are partially correct. People who say we're not the body are also partially correct. 

For people who tried 5-meo did you experience something similar to this? Everyone is welcome to comment. 

Edited by Deep

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

Very interesting. What drug did he administer?

How was your unconsciousness different than deep sleep?

Yes, you're right about the infinitely complex part. Reality is an Absolute infinity.

Yes, 5-MeO is similar, except I never lost all consciousness on it. Perceptions are still present for me. You just realize they are all infinite in a very strange-loopy sort of way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Very interesting. What drug did he administer?

How was your unconsciousness different than deep sleep?

Yes, you're right about the infinitely complex part. Reality is an Absolute infinity.

Yes, 5-MeO is similar, except I never lost all consciousness on it. Perceptions are still present for me. You just realize they are all infinite in a very strange-loopy sort of way.

I don't remember what drug it was.

During deep sleep, my mind is still present but it's activity is very low. During the surgery, my mind was completely destroyed. In deep sleep, there is also no time and no space. It feels like I fall asleep and morning arrives a minute later. In the surgery I must have been out for an hour but it didn't feel like that. I can control my body during deep sleep. During the surgery I couldn't feel my body at all. Although there are times when I can't feel the body during sleep either. 

Yes, it is infinitely complex because the body, mind, and consciousness are strongly intertwined but consciousness is also separate from that. I can't remember anything before I was 4. I can't remember coming out of my mother's womb. Our mind forms only after our body has appeared and grown to a certain age. Then the mind and conscious work together to produce our finite experience. 

Edited by Deep
more information

51 minutes ago, Deep said:

I can control my body during deep sleep.

Huh?

That doesn't make sense to me. For me, in deep sleep, there is nothingness present. Zero.

I had three of them in my life, I wonder about the same thing ;)

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Deep That My Friend, The UNDERTAKINGS YOU REGRET (Positive). RUEFULNESS IS THE FOE. UNLESS You Are BEYOND YOU(EGO). You Win The Game Of NUMBERS. UNLESS NUMBERS Reduce NUMBERS. You Numb The Ego (This Un-nuetralizes MOTHER universes). UNLESS YOU Untie Knots OF THE Entire UNIVERSE. YOU NUMB THE SPIRIT.   RIN. RIN. RIN.

Edited by Kserkkj

@Deep  Time being illusory, if there is no experience of it, then there's zero duration of it between one conscious experience and the next, and so when was there unconsciousness? 

I had a surgery with total anesthesia (for 4 hours). I can only remember the first moment I started waking up - I heard voice of the doctor and became very surprised, then thoughts happened: "What is this [about sound]? Why is this needed? Everything was so perfect".  

I cannot remember how it feels to be during anesthesia, but I remember this brief moment less than a second before I even heard the doctor's voice. It felt like very very satisfying blackness (even though I realized there was blackness only after I started waking up). Basically, like deep sleep. Very satisfying and very complete. Not boring. It feels like a pause. 

Also, the voice of doctor appeared "above" this satisfying pause. And then thoughts, feelings, vision, memories of my life appeared "above" it. Itself did not go anywhere. There is it, and above it all kind of experiences. Everything appears in this satisfying "being/sleeping", I guess (if I'm not fantasizing). 

I find this experience useful for self inquiry. Sometimes I try to remember that moment before the voice of doctor appeared above nothingness and try to find this nothingness in present moment. Everything is appearing "above" it, how can itself disappear? I guess, this is what was there before you were born? This "containing". 

I'm afraid I could be fantasizing, though, so in self inquiry I do not always rely on that memory.

I've been under full anesthesia when I was a teenager. But it felt no different than deep sleep. Just a blank, and then I woke up in a foul mood.

I wonder why some people remain conscious???

4 hours ago, Naviy said:

It feels like a pause.

I know that feeling, although it's like a pause without duration, if that makes any sense, because in the absence of the experience of the illusion of time there can be no duration, not even a fraction of a millisecond. Spira attempts to explain it, but of course any explanation is also trapped in the illusion of time, and so boggles the time-bound mind ...

@Galyna Yeah. Another cool thing to contemplate is: Why does consciousness stop using the body at a certain age? There is something infinitely intelligent at play here. 

@Naviy Thanks for sharing. 

On 1/24/2018 at 2:41 AM, Leo Gura said:

I wonder why some people remain conscious???

I haven't had any deep sleep that resembles anesthesia. Maybe I have but I can't recall it, because nothing was there. lol 

On 1/24/2018 at 0:29 AM, snowleopard said:

@Deep  Time being illusory, if there is no experience of it, then there's zero duration of it between one conscious experience and the next, and so when was there unconsciousness? 

Never. 

Edited by Deep