xXxXx

Yoga Practice At Home? Any Experience?

28 posts in this topic

Thanks @Damien, always looking for good yoga channels, will give it a try tomorrow

Did a 7 day yoga course in India, 1hr every day. Was lots of fun, much more than I expected. The teacher even came to the place I stayed at. I got a 1 on 1 lecture right at my friends house. Pretty cooool and the course was basically for free compared to western prices.

I'm now back at my place wondering how I shall continue. I would like to do it everyday. I tend to have difficulty pushing myself out of my comfort zone without an external stimuli, especially for physically challenging activities. A teacher makes it easier to push yourself more than you would do on your own.

I should probably define some goals to work towards. Some postures that I want to be able to do. Probably also reflect on why I want to do yoga, think about benefits and what I want from it.

I'm basically looking for a program for every day with exercises/asanas with increasing intensity.

Edited by Psychonaut

@Locooig Hello, I have been doing yoga at home for a year now. I really enjoy it. I couldn't sit cross legged when I started and im nearly able to do the splits now. Ali Kamenova is an amazing yoga teacher to watch. She is on YouTube. Her sessions are great. She has everything from beginner to advanced.  Her videos are longer than most yoga videos on YouTube though so be aware of this.  I started off yoga with Tara stile on YouTube. She was a good teacher as well.

Hope this helps.

On 2/27/2016 at 0:47 PM, Locooig said:

Anyone practicing yoga? I wonder if establishing yoga practice at home is worth trying, i recently got interested in it. Unfortunately i rely on flexibility, attending a yoga class every week on a fixed time is nearly impossible for me. Has anyone got recommendations for good online classes or books? Does it even make sense without a teacher?

yes, look at several vids, find one that you feel comfortable with, and dont try to go too fast, don't over exert yourself and you will be fine

I used to teach choreographed yoga at gyms for many years and have since stopped and now take people for 1:1 sessions on the beach. I get a motor inspiration from ekhartyoga - check out their website. You can get a trial month for about $1 and can then sign up monthly or yearly if you like it. 

Enjoy!