Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alii

What Dogs Do When They're Home Alone

9 posts in this topic

I found a pretty insightful video online. From what I can tell, a couple stick a Go-Pro onto their female German Shepherd and leave it recording as they head out shopping. From the beginning, the dog seems to feel sad (temporarily) after the owners leave. She sits next to the door and waits until she decides to go head into the bedroom. Through the middle of the video is where things got interesting.

The dog finds a spot to sit in and well, does absolutely nothing the entire time! Kinda odd, isn't it? This thing of just sitting and observing, that 99% of humans have a hard time doing, is done so effortlessly by a dog. 

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCsvDz761Ho

Edited by Alii

16 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Our lives are similar to the dog's life.  

Care to elaborate?

I’ve always thought humans have a much more complex life than any other animal. 

26 minutes ago, Alii said:

Care to elaborate?

I’ve always thought humans have a much more complex life than any other animal. 

The dog has a much more complex life than we imagine it has too.  Think about how much we are projecting onto the dog.  How does the dog project onto us?  Our life is no different than the dog's life if you zoom out far enough.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, blazed said:

The dog is just distressed, it doesn't want to be alone in a house hence why it keeps wondering around listening to hear anything from his owners coming back.

Even when it's sitting/laying it's anxious.

Animals do not have special powers to "being" they just have less thought process than humans therefore they are more in the present.

Take a human and deduct his ability to think in past and future and you have a similar thing, this will work to your disadvantage as an overall, the idea is not to get lost in the past and future as they are only ideas and concepts and not what is happening in reality right now.

But ability to refer to past and memory and the ability to make educated predictions in the future is a blessing if used well.

It's interesting to me that we think we know what the dog is thinking.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, blazed said:

There is a thing called reading body language and emotions.

If you can't tell when someone is sad, angry, upset, depressed, etc. then I feel sorry for you, you can also call this as emitting bad energy which some spiritual people like to call it to make it sound more fancy and hippy.

If the dog was jumping around, being playful, chewing on its toys I would have given a different response.

But seeing how its staring at doors, windows, listening with its ears high up and constantly staring at hallways and moving from place to place its pretty obvious how it's feeling.

You still don't know what the dog is thinking or experiencing.  What you know is what you are projecting that the dog is thinking.  That's a big assumption.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Humans try to make their pets human too and lock them inside a box. Animals need to be in nature just as much as we do. This is the reason many pets and young children get sick because they have no access to nature, no freedom, no connectivity to source.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Alii

Funny idéa!

Interesting to see how litle a packanimal does on it own.

Althou it was only one occation showed, I doubt that a cat, whom are individualistic in their base orientation, would act like that.

honestly..  most people don't realize the emotions animals feel. humans really don't respect animals at all, treat 'em like lesser beings. project assumptions about animals and find ways to convince themselves animals are not beings. that human are a different breed, set apart from the rest.