MarinM

Dealing with a backlash

8 posts in this topic

So, last few days I feel this is the biggest backlash I had so far. Basically I've created a lot of shoulds, musts, etc. for myself and my biggest priority right now is to finish college exams on time. I had to let myself drop everything in order to do that, so when I'm not studying I'm playing video games, watching tv shows, skipping gym and eating junk food. I've also first time intentionally dropped meditation habit and I had 1+year every day in a row (99% of days actually). I'm kinda conscious of my unconsciousness if that makes sense, but backlash is so overwhelming I can't get myself for example to have appreciation for drinking clean water when I try to consciously enjoy it, I'm fully sucked into mechanism. I plan to go back on track slowly after I finish my exams, but the questions is - Is there a proper way to deal with backlash, should I just continue meditating, going to gym etc. even if it's huge drag right now to overcome this emotional labor or I just need to wait for backlash to go away and continue then?

If you just wait it to pass away, if you treat it superficially, it will come again, you wouldn't solve really anything.

Backlashes or any other similar reactions should be faced, contemplated, you must want to find a solution to them. It will take time, so it would be futile to constantly blame yourself and feel down. It is normal for backlashes to be present, and it should be normal for people to face them, not run away from them. They want to teach you a lesson, make you stronger. They want you to be more independent, more conscious.

On 19/1/2018 at 8:08 AM, MarinM said:

Is there a proper way to deal with backlash

You are already dealing with it, you are just in ignorance.

@MarinM Stop trying to do everything perfect. Just wait until it passes but dont stop doing all the things, for example meditate only 10 minutes, so do 1 thing at a time, do it for low amount of time, and stop worrying about other things you need to do or how it this all will turn out because if you allways think you need to do it all and to its best you will paralyze yourself. So go easy on your self but still do some things and after time you will catch momentum and cointinue it and add more time to it. peace love and smoke dmt.

Edited by haai14

@Psyche_92 What do you mean?

@haai14 I went to sleep last night hyped up about today and woke up in 7 am hyped up again and instead i did the dishes, laundry, cleaning house and took a cold shower then i sat down to "rest" from all that and started playing skyrim "for a little bit" and i started doing repetitive quests for some guild to return it to its former glory and got bored fast but my mind told me to stay commited and dont give up when things get boring (xD), so i finished 25 quests after 2+ hours then i sat to do the work but i got tired and went to sleep for 20 mins then alarm came and i thought i wasn't sleeping i was mostly thinking, added 10 minutes, woke up, thought its not enough to do the work and woke up 6 hours later. fml there is mastermind villian in me

so basically i did everything else instead of what i really need to do because i was hyped how this day will be productive af, instead i deceived myself abnormally 

@MarinM Stop thinking about it, wake up and start it in the frist hour of the morning. Dont think yourself in doing it just do it, the more you think the less chance you will do it.

10 hours ago, MarinM said:

What do you mean?

What i mean is that the backlash is already happening, you are just in resistance of it and want to stop it. You want a method or advice to deal with it ( resistance).