Marks199

Chess as my life purpose???

15 posts in this topic

Hello! Sometimes I feel very passionate playing chess and seeing a chessboard on the desk. But I speak 5 languages and like to train a lot street workout but I am not quite sure what to choose from these three I really but really feel happy when I see a chessboard and its figures. The other thing is that I just started with 19 years to play chess isn`t that too late? I mean can I do something maybe better maybe with my five languages? At the momment, I am 22. If someone has an advice I would be thankful.

How are you going to make a living playing chess?

Anything is possible I suppose...

You could find a way of using the languages to create a living in a way that affords you the essentials and the time (key word here!) to purue the study of and playing of Chess. And at 22 - it’s important to “Follow your bliss” as Joseph Campbell says and see where it takes you. Pick a path and start walking down it. Your interest in Chess will expand into other areas, you will meet people with similar interests and these interactions will lead to opportunities you can’t even imagine/know that you actually want right now! But you have to pick a path, and if that path for you right now has Chess as its main focal point, go with it.

The twenties are a question mark decade - explore, experiment, reflect as you go along. Even if you’re still unsure whether you’re doing the right thing, you’ll have a wealth of experiences you wouldn’t trade for the world all because you followed your interest. :) 

Edited by Keepmovingforward

ask yourself how are you going to contribute to the world playing chess.

46 minutes ago, Ilya said:

ask yourself how are you going to contribute to the world playing chess.

You would make tiny adjustments in Yocto level haha, creating the Art of chess, simultaneously making a rip in the Universe through the infinity of your train of thought. Hahaha 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Follow your passion, everything else takes care of itself.

Life is only asked to be lived.

B R E A T H E

Are you also comfortable teaching chess? Do you see promoting chess as a contribution to the world?

For a few years, I was extremely happy playing go. There are professional players of that game, but as far as I understand most of them do their living by teaching, only a very few by playing. 

Picture yourself in a situation when studying and teaching chess is your occupation 4 days a week (and maybe sometimes you go to a tournament). Do you feel happy? Is your life meaningful? 

Also, you play for three years now, and that's not a short time. How much have you progressed? Are you rapidly going for the top in the amateur world? If not, consider using your analytical skills in another way. 

@Marks199 Life be like: “Your move Mark” . Your life is your chess, and your chess is your life. Dissolve the difference, it’s just in your mind. God is the greatest chess player. Gonna need God on your ‘team’.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

How can an abstract game, be a life purpose? My life purpose is to be the best Tic-Tac-Toe, player Ever!!!

50 minutes ago, RichardY said:

How can an abstract game, be a life purpose? My life purpose is to be the best Tic-Tac-Toe, player Ever!!!

Life is an abstract game

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

On 01/02/2018 at 7:56 PM, Dodo said:

Life is an abstract game

Uhmm  Jumanji?  

Well, I am sorry for you guys but I downloaded a self-motivational speech for visualizing and thought that vision I started to see myself as a street workout. So I started to do visualization of fitness or something similar and I really started to enjoy it I also bought the life purpose course that helped me a lot. And even I suffer from ego obsession I progressed a lot but LOT and decreased the quantity of anxiety. Thanks anyway for your answers. At the moment I am trying to get independent but sometimes I fail. I sleep in the bad bed sometimes I am scared but step by step I am becoming much more confident.

Edited by Marks199

I think you have to start playing chess before you turn 10.  I just heard Rick Beato mention that on a video on YouTube about mastery.  You might be anomaly that is better to start a later age though.   It may be that 10 years into it is a myth.  Some say talent is a myth & others do not.  I read a few books on mastery & then I always hear conflicting reports on what is the right viewpoint.  It's an odd paradox of talent or 10 years xp being both right & both wrong to me.

I wouldn't recommend making chess as your life purpose as 1. it  has  low earnings/effort ratio 2.  You are not Magnus Carlsen or Paul Morphy. They were  not just geniuses, but they were playing chess from the time they were on their diapers, and basically worked on their game every single day for 10 hours or more till they became the best. They were basically born to be chess players, they breathed chess they lived chess , chess circulated through their veins. That is what having a true life purpose means. But like me, you can play chess as your hobby.

Another thing, man you are already 22, by now you should be moving towards something, like studying for a degree. Knowing language and playing chess is not going to help your finances. Just pick up a path and stick to it so that at least you will making money  out of  your time instead  of letting it go waste. You can pursue your hobbies at  the side. 

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy