DocHoliday

Reality grants everything

35 posts in this topic

Yeah..

Reality Is

Perhaps we can think many things about it. Perhaps it is a dream. Perhaps it is empty. Perhaps it has 15 dimensions.
Perhaps you can bask in ultimate wisdom as you understand it. But it cares not, nor does it require any understanding on our side, to be able to be.

Reality, whatever or whoever it may be, is

@Mighty Mouse Oh boy, here we go again...xD

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Just now, Mighty Mouse said:

You sure? -_-

@Mighty Mouse Relatively sure:P

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@Mighty Mouse I'm not saying there is a real physical reality separate from us.
It could be reality is nothing, or empty, or doesn't exist. It doesn't matter.

Even if nothing exists at all, reality still is. Because that would be reality.
Reality, in the sense that there is being experienced, is.

You don't need to have a full understanding to meditate, be aware, or to become enlightened. Awareness is not knowledge.
We can still philosophize about the true nature of reality off-course, but my point was, that that is actually beside the point.

@Outer Meditation, not thinking anything purposefully.
Perhaps it is a form of self inquiry, but i don't really talk to myself asking questions. I just try to be aware of being aware. Aware of sounds or thoughts and their origins. If there is a question it is "what is this", but it is all non verbal and thus hard to describe. It could be a kind of seeking, or looking around within awareness. Like allowing layers to fall back. It is definitely a letting go, a surrender, a relaxing into.
Sometimes i get into a state where i don't identify as myself, or even don't realize i exist, and there is just something. It is a feeling, hard to describe. I do not claim it to be anything. As soon as i realize it is happening, it breaks. It is very short. Often only seconds.

I've done self inquiry some time in the past, and found there was no answer to the actual questions. And its not really about asking mental questions.

Because it requires no knowing to go that way. I tend to say, reality is whatever it is. You can philosophize, which i like as a hobby.
But no spiritual book, no knowledge, no insight i have ever read, has had much impact on my meditation practice. It is just entertainment, and perhaps even a distraction and ego game.

@DocHoliday .this concept was beautifully written... I adore the paper cut outs too... for me, the second part of what you said reminds me of an attitude that concerns me...the attitude of "it wasn't meant to be", "this must be happening for a reason" ....it's when acceptance becomes an excuse for laziness... for example: you could accept that "the universe wants me to be homeless" when you haven't found a new apartment, or you could start baking amazing pies for all of the potential landlords and win someone over.... I have seen, how with effort, things can change, we can create a different life.... I know you weren't specifically talking about this phenomenon.... but I see them as all too easily intertwined....

@Epiphany_Inspired Thanks for the compliment, I can totally see what you're saying here:) 

*In regard to Leo's newest video* : *cough*cough* Seems like I told you so all along...

brilliant

Spinning_Troll_Face_Mini.gif

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

On 2018-01-17 at 11:40 PM, DocHoliday said:

Every remaining resistance against this is remaining ego, is remaining self-deception, is remaining unnecessary suffering. 

Yes, but that unnecessary suffering(as long as it last) were also bound to happened, right? 

So any idea like.."Why didn't I get this earlier on, that would have spare me years of suffering" 

That very thought is only possible if you still believe in some old paradigm of reality? Since that suffering was bound to happen because there were no one there that could have understand this earlier? 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Well yeah, it was bound to happen because that's what had to happen (this is obviously also applicable to everything else that could have happened). And yes, that thought still implies that there is a particlar separate "you" that could have understood things much earlier. But as it turns out, reality is different, it is as it is, being that that hypothetical you or I in fact did not get it earlier because of the various reasons that prevented that, whatever they may be, I don't know. But, things are as they are, whatever they may be and everything happens as it must happen, that's it :)

You see, there's really not that much to it, at all. This is one of the things that is so strikingly simple, that we often make it way harder for ourselves to understand them than it has to be. 

@DocHoliday I only have one objection with reality. I don't like the fact that it's possible to carve out so many mundane things out of that white sheet of paper, to use Leo's metaphor. Too many mediocre and mundane things going on in the world, don't you think? :) 

If reality is creation, we should have more of creativity in the world. Humans are like sleeping sheeps, how come the creative spark is so absent in human race when the creative spark in reality is infinite! 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Well my friend, let me tell you, there are tooooons and tons of highly creative people out there, since everybody in his own right is a creator to some degree. Most of them just never get to realise or actualise their ideas and concepts due to the way we have constructed our societies and economic systems nowadays. If we'd let everybody freely create whatever they'd want to create without any limitations....oh man, that'd be pretty much the pinnacle of our collective human development. 

Edited by DocHoliday

Just now, DocHoliday said:

@MarkusSweden Well my friend, let me tell you, there are tooooons and tons of highly creative people out there since, everybody in his own right is a creator to some degree. Most of them just never get to realise or actualise their ideas and concepts due to the way we have constructed our societies and economic systems nowadays. If we'd let everybody freely create whatever they'd want to create without any limitations....oh man, that'd be pretty much the pinnacle of our collective human development. 

I agree! Have you read my thread "The discrepancy is infinite"? Anyway, I had the destructive systems of society and economics in mind when I wrote it. 

We should really work to liberate ourself as species, but again, what is is, and what happens happens. There no one to do anything about it really.. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Come on, of course there are!;) It may still take its time but one thing that is for sure is that change is always guaranteed to happen, so if it won't happen in our lifetimes, perhaps it will in the next. Meanwhile, always make the best of what you have and never sell yourself short - there's plenty of potential in people, they've just never gotten in touch with it.

Edited by DocHoliday