Mohsinuddin

What Do You Guys Think About Tai Lopez? Are We Really Procrastinating By Self Help?

29 posts in this topic

@Thesleeperhasawakened im going to have to disagree with that. i have been going through his 67 step program and although he is very different than Leo and other channels, he provides VERY good ideas and information. look past his materialism and all the negativity against him. while it may be true, i feel many people can benefit from some of his ideas as well.

@gian Thank you! I was getting confused about all this channels. Guess everybody has different kind of approach to happiness or fulfillment or whatever you want to call it. We have to figure out our own way.

@Mohsinuddin yes it has been helpful to me to see many different types of people gain success in their lives while pursuing very different things. it helps change your own perspective and eventually hone in on what success and happiness means for you personally.

56 minutes ago, Mohsinuddin said:

@gian Thank you! I was getting confused about all this channels. Guess everybody has different kind of approach to happiness or fulfillment or whatever you want to call it. We have to figure out our own way.

you are welcome! yes so many people create happiness in their lives

Tai Lopez ran fraudulent dating websites before he began his scam. Google it please. You can also tell by the tone of his voice that he is a liar.

@Progress Seriously? How can you judge the quality of his content by the tone of his voice? A lot of people talk about the fraudulent dating website, but just because he did something shady in his past doesn't mean his advise isn't useful.

People said he doesnt actually own the house he films in but he recently pointed out that he has been making videos in it for over a year. He would have to be very rich anyway to rent it for that long.....

To the OP, I've watched a lot of his videos and he talks very passionately about self-improvement. As when listening to any life coach, be critical and be selective but you'll find he's reasonable most of the time. The 4 M's of motivation someone else mentioned are a bit meh other stuff not so much. Tai Lopez specialty is success. If you want some kind of success in your life  then listening to Tai can help. If you're mostly into enlightenment and deep emotional work then indeed he's not the best person to listen to. He did say once that too much Eastern philosophy can drain your motivation......

Edited by BHL_20

Someone said it earlier on the thread. Your confusing what you mean self help. I wouldn't say Tai Lopez preaches "self-help" he is more success oriented. And wonderful to say the least at that. If you want money, social status, some dating skills, and cool hobbies then he's your man. Essentially if you want an awesome external life. (which I do) then he's good for learning about that. 

As for deep internal psychological growth? wouldn't say so.

I like to keep a dichotomy or separation when categorizing a lot of the informational content online. What is this person trying to preach? Does he live the life I want. There's essentially success oriented "self-help" channels and more "internal growth" channels. A lot of channels lean either way. Actualized.org leaning more towards internal change and growth. 

I prefer psychological growth, deeper understandings rather than an exciting successful life. But hey...why not both?

On ‎28‎.‎2‎.‎2016 at 11:18 PM, Leo Gura said:

If the man read as many books as he claims, then ya'll would need to study self-help for 100 years to get as much theory into your brain as he has.

Not sure what sense it makes to say that knowledge is a waste of time.

It's not a waste of time if you use it properly.

He doesnt really read the books, he spead reads them and takes few notes. He even told it on some video.

But i guess that is cool too, if you do it everyday.