Mohsinuddin

What Do You Guys Think About Tai Lopez? Are We Really Procrastinating By Self Help?

29 posts in this topic

Sometime I think I waste too much time on self help but not doing anything. Logically thinking Actions would beat self help. I know self help change me for better but i spend alot of time talking about than doing it. So can some one please share their thought if they are in the same situation. Also please someone tell me how legit is Tai Lopez? Is he really saying self help waste of time or what his intentions?

What do you mean legit? He is a succesfull businessman, he is also the sneakiest sales/marketing guy. He is the king of clickbaits.

He´s been accused to scamming a lot, he had very suspectfull online dating businesses and people have complained a lot.

Sometimes it takes getting really frustrated and stuck in a pattern to make the next break through.

Thinking a lot and raising your overall awareness is amazing, but taking action is just as important.

If you're not happy and satisfied where you're at, it suggests that it's time to do something differently.

@Richard Alpert I meant in the sense of advise about living life and stuff. Whenever I watch him I feel like I want to quite the self help, just work hard.

3 hours ago, Mohsinuddin said:

Sometime I think I waste too much time on self help but not doing anything. Logically thinking Actions would beat self help. I know self help change me for better but i spend alot of time talking about than doing it. So can some one please share their thought if they are in the same situation. Also please someone tell me how legit is Tai Lopez? Is he really saying self help waste of time or what his intentions?

I've been in that situation, when just doing researches but didn't take any action... so I started a little hobbit: 5 min affirmation every morning: I always take action. This really helped, in 1 month i was a different type of guy. Try it yourself on see the difference B|

About Tai Lopez I don't know much, but you shouldn't focus on other peaople, you should focus just on you and how to grow yourself.

Edited by Florian-

It always depends. There are a lot of people out there that don't need that "self help" because they just know what to do to be a better or happier person. I just needed some sort of self help to get myself in the right direction. Of course when you overdose it you fail. I totally realized that at some point the self help was just procrastination for me. You have to realize certain patterns. When you watch 10 videos for self development and it doesnt work? Keep on trying. If you watch 100 videos and nothing has changed? Well then change your behaviour.

Don't like the shadiness of his approach to business, do not care for his opinion now that I think about it. 

So anything he says or does I'll completely ignore from now on, as much as I can at least.

Don't focus on others in the field of self development. there might be lots of bullshit content in outer world but it is you who decides how to consume your time. 

I believe the question is what do you need self help for. If its success and money then put emphasis on learning how to be successful. If you want to 'ascend' to a higher plane of existence, realize the whole nothingness philosophy and live in the woods, learn the things required for it. But i'd suggest you focus on the first one. But I have to say, that there is only 1 step separating theory and action. All you have to do is put all your mind to it, and make that step come true.

@Mohsinuddin Maybe instead of thinking in terms of "self-help" or "self-development" you could change your perspective and start thinking in terms of personal expansion.

You have tools for self inquiry and release techniques to unlock your own limitations and also you have a lay-out of your (professional) goals. Concentrate on your goals instead on your "imperfections". In this way you will see where you stumble upon limitations that you then need to handle.

This is a much better approach in my opinion. Write down your goals and go for it. Remove your limiting beliefs as you go and empower the positives you've already mastered, and acknowledge the achievments you've already made.

~ Chris

Edited by Isle of View

Tai Lopez' garage seems pretty legit to me

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Tia Lopez seemed kind of shady to me when I watched his Ted x talk. I didnt find him very inspirational. However, his tip about mentors can be useful. He claims to read a book a day, then says he only reads a sentence or a chapter he finds useful from a book a day. He also may be fooling people into thinking he's rich as shown in this (humorous) video: https://youtu.be/XRBkS-QWo6w

I do agree that it is important to take steps (as Leo says "massive fucking action") rather then just mulling over what you learn. But it is equally important to be a life-long learner and always expand your wisom, and challenge your own views.

I like mentors and gurus because they remind you of what you can achieve. Sometimes we lose our way & get caught up in petty things, so it is useful to have guidance and inspiration from others. Not just self-help experts, either. You can learn things/about yourself from unexpected places/people.

People watch some bullshit videos from jaelous haters on the internet and believe everything they hear. Mindless sheeple all over. Just because some fat loser talks shit about Tai Lopez doesn't mean it is real, but I guess you cannot expect much better from the general matrix slave than to believe everything they are fed just to make them feel better about themselves.

Instead of mindlessly hating on Tai, why don't you watch his stuff and try to find out for yourself? I wish people would use their own brain once in a while! The ability to think is so rare these days and just too many people are stuck in victim mentality forever.

If the man read as many books as he claims, then ya'll would need to study self-help for 100 years to get as much theory into your brain as he has.

Not sure what sense it makes to say that knowledge is a waste of time.

It's not a waste of time if you use it properly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Nobody claiming anything about Tai Lopez that he is bad or good or he is wasting time or productive. I was asking for help to figure out his point of view. How is he looking at thing saying self help is not helpful, that's all. Is he really saying self help has very little part in life & mostly is training?

Here he talks about that.

He is for training and laughs at pride and "belief" in yourself.

He is the definition of a "chimp" as leo talks about, a deep hunger for social status and money, a very good manipulator.

DNA is god he says, satifsy the needs of your DNA ( status,social,health,women,wealth ) and you will be happy, no need for inner work only dont be the bitch of your own mind, take controll of it.

Seems to be working for him.

1 hour ago, Thesleeperhasawakened said:

Here he talks about that.

He is for training and laughs at pride and "belief" in yourself.

He is the definition of a "chimp" as leo talks about, a deep hunger for social status and money, a very good manipulator.

DNA is god he says, satifsy the needs of your DNA ( status,social,health,women,wealth ) and you will be happy, no need for inner work only dont be the bitch of your own mind, take controll of it.

Seems to be working for him.

Thank you! That's what I was talking about. But who knows what his inner situation could be.   He is saying he is fulfilled but nobody could major that.

It's contradictory. Self-help in essence is training. Kobe Bryant for example had to develop shooting skills, interpersonal skills, money skills. 

Interpersonal skills are indeed self-help. Go to Barnes and Noble and there are plenty of books on social engineering, etc. 

As for money, it's self-help too. Again, at the book store, there are many self-help books to master your financial life. 

I'm a logical person myself, so I pretty much agree with Tai's ideology. People want to be actors, singers, dancers, directors etc but don't put in any training or work. They complain it's "too hard". 

People want to be like Leo but dont put in any training etc. 

im not here to advocate/support Tai but he's the main reason why im on a path of a life of mastery. His stuff doesn't work for everyone, but it worked for me. 

Humbleness > Arrogance. 

@Argue  Technically speaking everybody knows that. If you want something you have to work for it. There is no secret on that. 6 year kid could have said that haha..[ Not hating on Tai Lopez though]. It is the trap that we fall into it that we got to watch out. What is right and what is wrong to work hard for it. That's the part which is Hard[some people] to figure out. Thank you:)

@Mohsinuddin funny i came across this topic. i have watched tai lopez's youtube videos here and there and have heard a TON about how is a scam artist blah blah terrible person blah blah materialistic blah blah

even if all of those things are true......i recently purchased his 67 step program and am on video/day 17...i think it is very useful information. these certain "self help" channels (including actualized.org) cover a wide range of ideas all from people with very different personalities/perspectives. but i feel they all compliment each other and are good to expose yourself to if you want a well rounded idea/approach to your own personal development. 

Leo provides information/ideas Tai Lopez does not provide and vise versa. same thing with other channels i have learned a great deal from like Elliot Hulse and Ralph Smart (Infinite Waters)

i used to be all about finding that ONE channel that will be the best and the person/personality i connect most with, but in my opinion the absolute best idea is to take a well rounded approach and check out as many people/ideas/perspectives as you can.