Psyche_92

Shifting.

8 posts in this topic

I know there isn't such a thing as shifting, but it feels that way for "me". I'm constantly shifting between states of open attention/truth itself, where i can see "myself" living life, and identification with "my personality". It's kind of frustrating because one time i'm feeling extremely relaxed and the other time i'm so involved in the dream that it makes me upset. Of course it doesn't matter for consciousness itself, but it seems like i can't move to a permanent state yet. Is this just a phase? 

Edited by Psyche_92

You might be a bit too bought in with the theory.  That’s gonna confuse you.  Reality doesn’t have anything to do with thought-stories.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Psyche_92 Yes this is a very common state or phase of fluctuation and oscillation. It will subside at some point but it varies in length individually, since it kind of represents the "last stand" of your ego - it's its final attempts to drag you back into it. In the end you will settle for the equilibrium.

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

3 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

@Psyche_92 Yes this is a very common state or phase of fluctuation and oscillation. It will subside at some point but it varies in length individually, since it kind of represents the "last stand" of your ego - it's its final attempts to drag you back into it. In the end you will settle for the equilibrium.

How do you know this?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Well, how could I possibly know this Joseph?;) I've experienced it myself and many others on their path towards enlightenment have too, so chances are quite high it will play out like this for him. Edit: It's the phase where you align yourself towards the middle-way, the Yin and Yang in harmony - both extremes equally represented. So, either it's that, or he might go through a differnt phase altogether, but based on his description it sounds quite similar to what this phase is like. 

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@Psyche_92  Any attachment to a 'permanent' state must also go.  Just more grasping and exclusive identification ... samsara and nirvana are not segregated. 

Playing with a tuning fork will help you understand how vibration/shifting works.

B R E A T H E