saish

How to heal emotional suffering from a break up which happened 2 years back ?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I had this break up around 2 years back with this chick. I see her often as we are studying in same college but different branch. I know logically that its over but when I see her i feel this strange tension in my chest ,my breathing get shallow ,i start feeling low beside this i think about her in my spare time. I have followed leo's advice and worked on my self alot. I meditate everyday and it has immensely helped me dealing with the emotional pain but it has not stopped completely , i dont want to deal with this pain everyday because of her ,i want to move on and not waste any more time thinking about her.What should I do to heal myself ?

Edited by saish
bad grammar

24 minutes ago, saish said:

i dont want to deal with this pain everyday because of her ,i want to move on and not waste any more time thinking about her.

Exactly what's preventing you from moving on. You need to feel the pain until it subsides and evaporates. You can't do this with the conscious idea of wanting to get rid of it either. The best thing to do is become conscious of the pain, and when it comes up, don't reject it and feel it with curiosity. In the end it's just intense energy moving through us that wants to become free, but we put the label "pain" on it and are conditioned to repress it, which is exactly what prevents it from leaving us.

Edited by Psyche_92

@Psyche_92 This was honestly such a beautiful way to describe it. I'm a girl going through the pain of a breakup 2 years ago too and this was really healing to read. Thank you !

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:07 PM, saish said:

Hey guys

I had this break up around 2 years back with this chick. I see her often as we are studying in same college but different branch. I know logically that its over but when I see her i feel this strange tension in my chest ,my breathing get shallow ,i start feeling low beside this i think about her in my spare time. I have followed leo's advice and worked on my self alot. I meditate everyday and it has immensely helped me dealing with the emotional pain but it has not stopped completely , i dont want to deal with this pain everyday because of her ,i want to move on and not waste any more time thinking about her.What should I do to heal myself ?

Thank you so much for such a great advice.

@Psyche_92

• Bring it on
  • I love pain
  • Pain sets me free

(The Tools by Phil Stutz & Barry Michels; chapter 2)