egoless

God deceiving himself

4 posts in this topic

So @Leo Gura yes I understand what that means. Infinite god infinitely deceiving himself to become infinite numbers of finite versions of himself. But here arises the two main questions:

1) Since it was your decision as the god to become finite in order to experience the world why are we all striving to stop this deception? It was our choice, the deception is the only reason we experience the diversity of the reality - the only reason we experience all these!

2) on the deep down level there still arises the question of why the creator exists? where did the consciousness come from? why did it manifest into reality? Why does not pure nothing exist without even manifestations and infinity? The answer: it is paradoxical and you will never know it - how is that answer any better from the answer the religion gives you???

3) Does the infinite version of the god have personality to him? Since it is non-dual it should have and at the same time shouldn't have...

Edited by egoless

1)because it is part of the show, one of the many possibilities there are, one of the many angles a movie scene can be played from and it is as meanigless with deception and without it. "Enlightment" is realizing it is all a play, while still having to act on stage. 

2)it's not if you havent seen it for yourself, when you see how it is possible however it loses the importance you once gave it, it is, what can stop it?

3)i dont think that matters on this "path", seems like a funny thought though

@egoless The answer is simply: Absolute Infinity.

There is nothing to stop it.

No, it has no personality. It is emptiness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think you guys are getting a little too metaphysical with this part of it.  This stuff does not resonate with me, this metaphysical stuff.  These claims are thoughts, beliefs too -- and false.  That word 'God' is causing you a lot of problems.  I don't know how many times and ways I have warned of that.  God has been a plague on Philosophy for so long.  Some people just have a 'God gene' apparently.  They can't help themselves. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor