egoless

Radicalism vs balance

6 posts in this topic

What do you think guys? Do you consider one to be superior than the other? Is there the most effective way to live your life? Where does being radical bring you and where does the balance lead you to... Even buddha after being on radical path realized that the balance is the key. Should we be radically concentrated on consciousness while neglecting and denouncing the mind and ego as ultimate evil? Or... maybe the key is to find the perfect equilibrium, the synergy between those two?!

I think most people would agree that a life where you have the basics of food, shelter, security, access to healthcare is superior to a life where you don’t have these basics.  Now, beyond this, it’s up to the individual how they fashion their life.  What you wanna do is live your authentic values and strengths at that point.  But the problem is you gotta do the personal development work to locate the Authentic-Self and figure out those authentic values and strengths. You need to learn how to increase awareness.  This removes a lot of unnessesary suffering from your life and  promotes your success as a by-product. Now, is this life better than choosing to live as a bum on the street?  Well, probably right? It’s hard to see how it wouldn’t be.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@egoless What was the most plain & ordinary becomes the most magical, radical & extraordinary. Balance of pragmatic vs mystical thinking also ‘flips’, and one is now within the other, fully reversed, inside out. Being in the world with willingness to be open minded to mystical becomes being mystical with open mindedness to meet in a “world”. Expansion, balance. Expansion, balance. Expansion, balance. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@egoless In regards to the equilibrium that you're speaking of, that's definetely a necessity because you can never ever function without an ego, have you guys ever noticed that? It follows along the same lines as the desire to get rid of desire - it doesn't work because even the desire to get rid of desire is yet agan just another desire in and of itself, so just in the same way wanting to live without any identification, that is to say to live without an ego, isn't possible because the simple act of not wanting to identify yourself with anything automatically becomes your new identifiation, you see? Ego doesn't exist, but you can nonetheless never get rid of it. Therefore, to aim for an equilibrium is what's best in my opinion, and even beyond that, it's necessary. 

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@Source_Mystic I did not offer to choose one. I also offered the equilibrium and synergy between those two in the end ;)  In fact to achieve this equilibrium you would have to experience radicality both ways. The balance is the end product between you being radical in both ways in all the areas of reality. when you achieve the true balance and equilibrium in everything you could say you are truly non-dual...

Lol I just read your post once again and I think we are talking about the same 

Edited by egoless

@egoless Source_Mystic and you have really got it right on point. True non-duality can‘t be achieved through any other way than exploring both extremes and then, from that basis, you can come to equilibrium. That’s what Yin and Yang are for - both extremes in harmony. It‘s the middle way.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!