Aquarius

If you lack something, then you don't suffer enough yet or are lazy

12 posts in this topic

Alright, so I came up with this idea of writing motivational statements for those of you being unmotivated/lost in life or who are lost in mental-masturbation. Truth is I'm also writing some of these for myself in case I ever need them. I'll list some that come into mind, and you guys can continue writing these "if...then..." statements in posts below. Put your ass to work, people! 

• If truly you want something, then give it all you got to get it.
  • If you are poor, then stop excuses and get creative.
  • If you are overweight, then put aside 20 or 30 minutes a day for fitness (it's not that much plus it's your health!!).
  • If your family annoys you, then stop depending on them and move out. (assuming you are 18+, if not, just study hard or spend as much time as you can in the local library)
  • If you feel lonely, then 1. join a community, 2. approach people at your school/college/work, 3. call an old friend, 4. do the first step towards someone (people don't bite), 5. befriend yourself and enjoy quality time or 6. pick up a book.
  • If you want a boyfriend, then stop staying at home waiting for "prince charming on the white horse", and go outside to socialize. (no excuses, if it's important for you then: you do have time, there's no obstacles, your town is just fine, someone out there is worth your energy)
  • If you want a girlfriend, then meet more girls and actually learn how to talk to them.
  • If your partner is not the right one, then stop depending on them for anything from sex to financial security, and find The One (or else you'll be miserable).
  • If you're mentally ill and want to heal/get more stable, then ask yourself how much effort you actually put into this and the resources are you investing on becoming better. (then the solution is obvious)
  • If you suffer because of your beliefs/belief system, then ask yourself if they're worth holding in the first place.
  • If you want to do something but are hesitating to do it, then remember that life is short.
  • If you want something big out of your life, then you have to learn. A lot. Non-stop. Forever.
  • If you want to be the best in your field, then you have to develop the skills. And you do that by practice.
  • If there's an obstacle, then there's a solution too.
  • If you want to tame your mind, then meditate.

More to be added soon.:)

I don't think a "no pain no gain" attitude is necessary. There will be pain to go through when you start doing things, but it doesn't have to be something to shoot for.

52 minutes ago, YaNanNallari said:

I don't think a "no pain no gain" attitude is necessary. There will be pain to go through when you start doing things, but it doesn't have to be something to shoot for.

True, but I guess its how you interpret it. The quote might be useful for when you know your going to have to go through something painful and need a reminder that there's a positive outcome.

Make a habit of sitting quietly in a room alone, no matter what arises in the mind. Get ‘below’ no pain no gain. All suffering is self inflicted. If & then reinforce the if to someone who has yet to see any ‘then’. It’s their own ‘if’ they need to become aware of.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

55 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Make a habit of sitting quietly in a room alone, no matter what arises in the mind. Get ‘below’ no pain no gain. All suffering is self inflicted. If & then reinforce the if to someone who has yet to see any ‘then’. It’s their own ‘if’ they need to become aware of.

green-thumbs-up.png

First problem have is that this is a absolute statement. Absolute statements are rarely correct.  This is a bit harsh.  Their are always several factors to getting something and some of them are outside the control of the person. I believe in taking responsibility for my actions and my life but this statement is a hard-line that I can not agree with.

Work on compassion @Aquarius understand that you are others and others are self.   You are taking a lot for granted.

You still see the murder and say " I could never do that he is insane."

I make no such assumption I understand that every human has the capacity for what you would consider  good and evil.

When I see a murder or a criminal I ask a question.  "what built this? what was it based on? What pushed this person so far that they just broke and became this." what could they have become if conditions in their life were better.

Then I ask myself what would it take for me to be pushed this far that I became a murder or anything else. What would it take? 

We are all equal in our capacity but what a person is born into drastically changes how they color and deal with there reality.  If you are born in a war country  you do not have time to meditate and do this work because you have to put all your energy into survival. 

Violence,  hate , bigotry are all learned behaviors.

Outside forces influence  create and  destroy people.

Your judgment is cold and naive and it shows your ignorance of the big picture. Please take a step back from statements like these and think out your position completely before you post things like this.  

If your belief is  growth is proportional to suffering then you should be pursuing as much suffering as possible let me know how that goes Aquarius.  

Edited by Source_Mystic

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

What if you actually dont want anything its like you will just make a husle for going for something that gives you nothing and takes your peace...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@YaNanNallari Well, and where did I say we should shoot for pain? The emphasis was on hard work and getting yourself motivated. Besides, these statements were compiled/inspired from Leo's older videos like "how to stop getting lazy" or "be a results maker". It doesn't have to be painful, just do your thing. I don't see why I got all this negative feedback.

@Jamie Universe Thank you! This is exactly what I meant, to spread some hope or something. :D Yay...

@Nahm Could you explain please? :) I'm not sure if I understand.

@Source_Mystic Well obviously these were just some random ideas, I never said this was the only way to achieve something. I wasn't being absolute and saying "you MUST do this and there's no other option". No! I just gave a few ideas. And actually, I do hold the belief we should take responsibility for everything in our lives, otherwise we become the ultimate victim, and it's just very painful. But yes, I do realise things are the way they are, and they cannot be otherwise. But it doesn't necessarily mean we need to stop doing our thing, y'know.

And excuse me but I don't think of terms of good and evil. I transcended beyond that. Even though I'm still working on embodying it. And I never said I judged someone who kills, I can totally understand their motives, feelings, etc. I know anger can make people do some crazy stuff. Also what was your intention with this example, this I don't understand... Perhaps prove me I don't have compassion? I know well what compassion is.

And where's your compassion for me? Calling me cold and naive. Meh, been called worse. These actually do sound like compliments. ;) 

1. @Aquarius I think your post is great btw. Just adding.  Awareness is curative. If someone is experiencing what they don’t want, and we suggest a path to what they do want, it does of course often help. But sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes they are in a state of mind of lack, shortage, “I can’t”, “I’m not smart / strong / etc enough”, and they are internalizing the suggestion - hearing about what they want, and reinforcing that they don’t have it. This is noticeable when someone says things like .... “yeah, you’re lucky, talented, gifted, fortunate, smart, a long term thinker, etc”. This reveals they are perceiving randomness in their circumstance, which reveals a denial of their own involvement. Sitting quietly in a room alone though, without out a single distraction, eventually, we start to realize how we are behind the trouble we’re experiencing, and we start to see that indeed, we can. Sometimes one path works, sometimes the other works, sometimes none work. An extreme example is an alcoholic who ties themselves to a bed for 3 days. If you’ve ever seen it, you’d swear they were experiencing an exorcism. But 3-4 days later, they are cured, and often feel reborn, and all the world is new. Of course there is the material explanation of beating the withdrawal, but there is also the (imo deeper) explanation, of God, and awareness curing. There is (imo) miraclulous power in doing nothing.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE