daniel695

Becoming a Counsellor!

3 posts in this topic

right now, with my life im kind of stuck. im around 20 turning 21 soon. im thinking of becoming a counsellor because i love talking and listening and the idea of just talking about your problems is fascinating to me. i want to pursue it but in my head i'm making counselling seem like you need to be perfect to do it and not have your own problems and need to be confident. i have a mental illness known as psychosis and i don't know if i'm cut out to pursue it. i will do it because it could be my life purpose or lead to it. i would like feed back on counselling! 

is anyone a  Counsellor here, i would love to hear what its like being one?

or even leo  your feed back would be appreciated when you were a life coach!

You don't need to be perfect, but you should start to get your shit together. It's hard to counsel others when you're lacking in development yourself.

The hardest part of running Actualized.org is that I have to work on all my inner demons, otherwise I give the wrong advice. It's hard to help people when your own mind is corrupted by the very same delusions from which they suffer. I may have to actually quit Actualized.org for a while to focus 100% on my own delusions. So I can teach better.

But if you really feel called to it, pursue it. You'll figure stuff out along the way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think every true counselor first and foremost is counseling themselves.  Helping others is a byproduct of that.  Just like every jazz musician is playing for themselves.  So, you gotta see where your drive to do this work is coming from.  That’s why Life Purpose work is so important.  Counseling others can come from a less pure place, so you’ll wanna take a look at that issue within yourself.  You should do Leo’s Life Purpose Course.

Edited by Joseph Maynor