Adam M

Carry a notebook

14 posts in this topic

Buy a very small, pocket sized notebook and carry it with you everywhere you go.

When you leave the house you should think "Have I got my wallet? My cell phone? My car keys? My pocket notebook + pen?"

You will have ideas and important thoughts throughout the day and you will want to write them down.

Capturing your ideas is a very important habit because sometimes your mind is blessed with ideas and thoughts at random times and it would be a waste not to plant the seed in your notebook.

Your ideas are seeds and your pocket notebook is the garden in which you plant them.

DaVinci urged all of his followers to carry around a sketchbook everywhere they go just as he did so that they can capture their important observations that they make about life.

Furthermore, once you write some of these ideas down and your notebook begins to get full, you can take some time to add the most important ideas to your commonplace book which is akin to watering the seeds.

Whenever you are feeling unmotivated you can open your pocket notebook and read some the inspiring quotes that you thought of or that you wrote down.  You will be like Marcus Aurelius, constantly writing notes to yourself about how to live a good life.

I've recently started doing this because I am currently reading DaVinci's biography and I thought that it was a fantastic idea (it also is important for my life purpose) and I've already has some amazing results.

Tip: get the smallest one you can find so that you are motivated to carry it around

10618000.jpg

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Good timing. I literally just bought one 10 minutes ago. 

lmfao

I need to get this moved to self actualization...I mean to post it there but I posted here by accident

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Thanks for the advice. I will do that. I have a very small cute notebook that I am dying to use too. 

I have onenote on my smartphone home screen, I click it and I can start typing almost instantly. I did try the notebook and pen idea but I constantly lost my pen ?

Screenshot_20180114-100821-1280x2276.png

I use google docs on my phone. works just as well. 

Memento Mori

I love this idea. i use google docs for notes and I made a blog folder but, i never daily write thoughts and I thought about writing daily stuff. Hey, I think Leo has a video on journaling i seen once I think i will go find it.

i did not know i had onenote on my laptop i looked to download it. I love it i got a journal set up like his now but, my stuff not his lol. 

this is cool, i wanna try it. 

i use onenote as my commonplace book+notes on all Leos videos

Cool, I need to try this. I already have a big one and I take notes when I watch Leo or other YouTubers, or when I'm researching something. I have onenote as well. :)

very practical post, thank you !!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus