Charlotte

I just saved my friends life

15 posts in this topic

I don't really know why I'm posting this here... I guess I feel at home in this forum, comfortable to talk. 

Basically long story short, out for a meal, my friend, sat 3 people down from me starts to choke. Like serious choking, I could hear her gasping for air. 10 seconds or so into it (felt like forever), out of 12 of us nobody gets up. I threw myself up and started to perform the Heimlich maneuver on her, 6/7 full thrusts it took, finally after what seemed like forever it came up, her face was a colour I'd never seen ?.

I fucking saved her life! I couldn't believe it... Still can't believe it.

What the fuck just happened!

You did well, shows you are more connected to your heart-center than those around you :) This is also why i don't eat out or with others because people tend to talk and think too much and forget about chewing and eating consciously in general which results in these things 9/10 times.

Its basically nature telling us to respect her ways and do one thing at a time. This is why so many things happen to people when they have their camera phones always recording and something bad happens. They are not being present and living on auto-pilot mode then laws of nature Bitch-Slap us.

I noticed this every time i used to eat with company or in a process of thinking, or focusing on TV/Media too much and not eating consciously and chewing thoroughly i would get hiccups and almost choke at times so i eventually got the picture to be and practice mindfulness with everything i do.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Also I was the only one not drinking alcohol around the table 

Mindfulness eating, I try and do this as much as I can. How do you make this a habit? I turn off the TV when we eat but I still find I wonder sometimes...

Thanks for the reply ❤️

Just now, Charlotte said:

@pluto Also I was the only one not drinking alcohol around the table 

Mindfulness eating, I try and do this as much as I can. How do you make this a habit? I turn off the TV when we eat but I still find I wonder sometimes...

Thanks for the reply ❤️

Alcohol = Egobooster101

Yeah most welcome <3 What i found is try to eat less often or maybe close your eyes when you eat and appreciate the food you are eating, the texture, the flavors, feel everything, take it slow, be one with whatever you are doing.

One phase in my life i ate only once a day i really connected with this mindfulness eating because i had no eaten for 23 hours so when i did finally eat i would be so grateful, appreciative and in the complete present moment with the food everything outside was blocked out and i would sit and feast for an hour and feel so connected, nourished and satisfied. Much more than say if i were to snack throughout the day or just eat regular while watchingTV or on the phone or talking to people or general multitasking instead of taking it one step at a time.

Mindfulness really makes a difference in the quality of our existence, if we practice it in many things we do on a day to day basis (not just eating) we can really shift our lives into a much more harmonious existence. Be one with Nature :)

B R E A T H E

@pluto  I totally 100% agree.

For the past 4 days I've felt I've made a breakthrough with mindfulness. At first, I was drifting off that often it became somewhat frustrating but for some reason this week I've felt at peace, able to stay mindful for much longer periods of time. This week I've been so happy! Just driving down the road in complete happiness, doing nothing spectacular but inside I feel almost complete peace and happiness, not through external circumstances but just because I'm breathing and alive, thinking to myself EVERYTHING is a miracle and oh so beautiful! ?

@Shroomdoctor Thank you! Meditated on and off from Aug 2017- Dec 2017, but I made it a habit at the start of the year and I do it for around 20 minutes. I also practice mindfulness 24/7 every single day, made this a way of life rather than a practice. 

I upvote this post :ph34r:

I also practice mindfulness 24/7 every single day, made this a way of life rather than a practice. 

GOOD GOOD, you'll see at a point you'll be 24/24 meditating, hearing the voice from "outside" (not really but you get it) !

xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Well... I upvote your upvote :ph34r: so ner! ?

Is that where you are in your development shin?

@Charlotte It is called bystander effect. When there are more people who could help somebody they do not feel such an urge to do anything because they do not have all of the responsibility. I do not think that people can really know that they will be immune to the effect unless they get into a situation like you, now you are the one who took the responsibility, @Charlotte , people like you are great. Keep on being awesome and brave!

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

@Dragallur upvote 

I loved this topic... I myself was guilting of drinking some soy milk while reading the post about mindful eating haha. 

Wow, congrats for taking action! 

This video is pretty cool. The guy rushes through the thing, but the final example that is sorta like yours: 

2 hours ago, Shin said:

24/24 meditating

this was just too good

unborn Truth

11 hours ago, Dragallur said:

@Charlotte It is called bystander effect. When there are more people who could help somebody they do not feel such an urge to do anything because they do not have all of the responsibility. I do not think that people can really know that they will be immune to the effect unless they get into a situation like you, now you are the one who took the responsibility, @Charlotte , people like you are great. Keep on being awesome and brave!

@Dragallur Wow what an interesting read! I just looked this up. Thanks for this insight. Very interesting. Thank you for the compliment also :)

10 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

@Dragallur upvote 

I loved this topic... I myself was guilting of drinking some soy milk while reading the post about mindful eating haha. 

Wow, congrats for taking action! 

This video is pretty cool. The guy rushes through the thing, but the final example that is sorta like yours: 

Will have a watch of this after, thank you ❤️

10 hours ago, ajasatya said:

this was just too good

... The penny just dropped ?