Michael569

Tell me about non-duality

6 posts in this topic

I still can't wrap my mind around this topic. Probably being lazy or just comfortable. Contemplated in my head couple times, did not help. 

Thanks 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Non-duality is a bunch of thoughts that Enlightenment students use to get them to question their beliefs and to shift their focus from beliefs to being the watcher of what reality really is.

Sadly its one of those things only a direct experience can give you full access too ;/ I guess you could try to picture a state where one cannot differentiate between the one and the all.

B R E A T H E

Put a pen on a table. Figure out where the pen "line" ends and the table "line" begins. Use a microscope, magnify as many times as you can. You will discover there is no such line.

Non duality means that all is one.

There's no separation between you and me, or you and the objects from the point of view of a higher self. All the separation is created by our senses, and the interpretation we give to things. But in fact is all one.

So you and reality are the same. In fact there's not a little you separated of the world, fearful of it. It's just an illusion.

Non duality tries to break that illusion and show you the truth as it is.

I advice you to watch some Alan Watts' videos, he explains all this very clearly.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Michael569 It’s what’s left after shedding spite, excuses, blame, anger, fear, reaction, judgement, assumption, belief, dogma, patronage, assertion, etc, which are unknowingly used to support an idea of the I as a separated being. When that stuff’s done being made up, there’s only one being, experiencing through all that is. It’s right in front of you now, in infinite formlessness,, right on the other side of this screen, and right behind your brain. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE